BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

As I usually don't mind if someone tells me they are using forgeworld stuff as it doesn't really matter. I just kinda feel like I dont get an advantage as the only models for Grey Knights they have are some two-bit Inquisitors... I suppose a thunderhawk would be cool but meh. Anyways the one time i can think of where I was like Oh My Gosh I dont believe I agreed to playing this game was when a Player back homes list was the following.

Landraider Achilles
    -Techmarine, x5scouts

Landraider Spartan
    -Techmarine, x5scouts

x10 Scout squad

Bray'arth Ashmantle

x3 Venerable Dreadnoughts

x3 Ironclads

Ofcourse this list isnt as good now but in 5th editions I felt alot of grief for my lascannon-less Greyknights My only hope was my NDK to maul'em in CC. We ended up with a draw for that game still
    =][= "Innocence proves Nothing."

Chapter-Master

Yowza!

Reminds me of a friend of mine who could fit in something like 10 Dreadnoughts or similar in a 1500 point list using that character that makes an entire legal army out of them (I think it is Bray'arth).
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Veteran-Sergeant

Indeed I think this was one of my least satisfying games to play cause I just felt like he had so many advantages. Pretty much my Dreadknights where the only things that did anything and i was fortunate enough that my terminators were surviving the Ironclad assault long enough to still keep hold of 2 objectives. Imagine my delight as my krak grenade wielding strike squads face off against that monster of an Ironclad. So thankful for the new rules on being able to break contact from things you cant hurt.
    =][= "Innocence proves Nothing."

Chapter-Master

Yeah indeed, were the Ironclads in Lucius Drop Pods? If so
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Veteran-Sergeant

i have found that most of the FW stuff is ok but with how hard it is to shoot down flyers now (man do i miss the days my plasma cannons could knock them out of the sky) i have found that the air craft can be quite the pain to deal with. other than that i do not mind them.
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

I use a pair of Contemptor dreadnoughts in my Deathwing army virtually every time. Primarily its for the aesthetic but they are effective too. The group i game with have no problem with this.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Yeah indeed, were the Ironclads in Lucius Drop Pods? If so
    I'm really happy with any Forgeworld item apart from the drop pods - first turn assaulting ironclads should make for a pretty short game!

Librarian

the thing with the lucius though, you loose a FA slot per pod unless you are in an apoc game, or is that just the contemptor one? (my IA:A2 is in a box somewhere LOL).

again the thing about the landraider and russ variants some of them are usless in a normal game for their points, command tanks and the likes are really only useful in larger games where you have the points to spare.

I don't mind it if people bring forgeworld.

The biggest gripe I have, and this actually goes for FW and the normal GW models, is that I would like my opponent to tell me what it does if I ask him, including any weird and/or special rules. I'd hate it to be "well, it has 5 lascannon shots a turn" and later on in the game "oh, I also have a special rule that allows me to do X as well". The moment I ask, either show me in the rulebook or explain me what I need to know in regards to the model.

I'm not really an experienced player myself (I just don't play a lot) but that doesn't mean that I cannot learn the special rules of MY army and inform my opponent timely when he needs to know something about my models. And yes sometimes I need to pick up my book. I have had games where I asked my opponent "what does it do" and it ended up in "this and this... and something like that". Don't give me that "something like that". Exact and correct information please. And if we're going to use that "policy" I don't see a problem in using any kit so far.

Librarian

yeah CC, thats why i love programs like army builder and battlescribe.

you can make a list and either make a print out of your weapon tables for ease for both you and opponent, or you can put page numbers in your roster for quick linking to your codex entry for rules and/or weapon tables.

if you dont mind putting in an hour or two to learn how to make tables in battlescribe you can make your own roster lists to edit, i did with my mentor legion lists, added the proteus, spartan, contemptor, stormeagle and deimos predators to the basic C:SM list, with all of the options and weapons on printable tables, it even lets you add detailed special rules (dont tell GW though LOL) so both myself and my oppponent can have it at a glance, and have the IA books at hand for further inspection if need be.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast