BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 71 of 300 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

[URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?368114-Hastings-40k-rumours"]Here[/URL].
    Eldar, new flier, characters and a new uber wraith guard thingy.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?368114-Hastings-40k-rumours"]Here[/URL].
    Thx!

I really hope that the new plastic waithguards will get more ranged weapons options (like stickmoney has hinted) and not "just" a new cc option.
    Last edited by Andersp90; 05-10-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Brother-Captain

I'm kind of enjoying the crazy pants here. The rejection of a rumor source because he's saying things some don't like, the refusal to believe the Eldar would have the same limitations as every other 6th edition army, it's just delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I'm kind of enjoying the crazy pants here. The rejection of a rumor source because he's saying things some don't like, the refusal to believe the Eldar would have the same limitations as every other 6th edition army, it's just delightful.
    What is more delightful is how people are assuming that when someone who has sometimes posted rumours post what are by his own admissions hunches about what might happen he means that these are actually rumours he is too coy to say openly, despite not being so in the past.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

a) It is possible we will see generic base with overlays, similar to the horses from the Vampire Counts Hrxwraith/Black Knight kit. So you could have basic Swooping Hawk legs being quite thin and Avian then have extra Banshee bits which go over the top, preserving both individual aesthetics. Or something along those lines.
    b) That's my point. I doubt we will see a solution which damages the eldar aesthetic.
    c) Maybe, but pure speculation. The release schedule has increased in pace and we haven't had a wave release since the WoC late last year I think.
    d) No, argument from consistent precedent. Every release since we started seeing dual kits has included single kits. If dual kits were so much more commercially viable this would not be the case.
    a) very good, then we are in agreement
    b) agreement once again, and wrt a) this suggests that anything is possible
    c) unsurprising, if no intervening army since late last year has warranted waves
    d) nonbinding precedent IS coincidence (see: gamblers fallacy), this is not a court of law

This thread is almost as much fun as thinking about all the pretty eldar

The manufacturing choices of Games Workshop are not the same as random chance.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    I well remember, not much more than a year or so ago, when you were heaping tons of crap on me for having this same paradigmatic stance.

My, how quickly the times have changed...
    Indeed.

GW has given me plenty of reason to change my opinion on their business practices.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Brother-Captain

What is more delightful is how people are assuming that when someone who has sometimes posted rumours post what are by his own admissions hunches about what might happen he means that these are actually rumours he is too coy to say openly, despite not being so in the past.
    Yet, it's not enough to let them believe it and be wrong. They must be corrected, made to know their error and cleansed with blessed flame for only then may they be absolved their sin.

The manufacturing choices of Games Workshop are not the same as random chance.
    Quite, and so the cite should only be thought to explain the general idea; in this case, precedent seems worth considering wherein earlier infantry releases, by their morphology, have either facilitated dual-build (e.g. Deathwing, Ravenwing) or not (e.g. Pathfinders). The former case occurs because there is the opportunity: and as we've established with a), here there exists the opportunity.

Well why not? We don't have any credible new rumours to be going on with so we might as well argue about the speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by zenBen View Post
    Quite, and so the cite should only be thought to explain the general idea; in this case, precedent seems worth considering wherein earlier infantry releases, by their morphology, have either facilitated dual-build (e.g. Deathwing, Ravenwing) or not (e.g. Pathfinders). The former case occurs because there is the opportunity: and as we've established with a), here there exists the opportunity.
    The morphology of those kits was suited to dual build because a new unit was created in each case* based upon that morphology, not by combining two existing kits. The only exceptions are dual builds with two entirely new units** and the talos/cronos which saw the complete redesign of an existing unit. So if we are going to speculate on why GW are doing this, the pattern indicates it is easier to create a new unit to combine with an existing one than take two existing units and plasticise them.

*Deathwing Terminators/Knights/Command Squad
    Ravenwing Black Knights/Command Squad
    Raptors/Warp Talons
    Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord
    Deathmarks/Immortals

**Sun Shark Bomber/Razorshark Fighter
    Ravenwing Dark Talon/Nephilim Jetfighter
    Burning Chariot/Herald of Tzeentch on Chariot
    Blitza-Bommer/Dakkajet/Burna-Bommer
    Land Speeder Vengeance/Ravenwing Darkshroud
    Doom Scythe/Night Scythe
    Tervigon/Tyrannofex
    Ghost Ark/Doomsday Ark
    Command Barge/Annihilation Barge
    Lychguard/Triarch Praetorians
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-10-2013 at 06:30 AM.