BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 173 of 300 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2994

Quote Originally Posted by Koremu View Post
    You sure that isn't a Support Weapon rather than Warp Spider Weapon? 48" range/Barrage/Heavy 1 doesn't strike me as very traditional WS weapon
    Of course it's the heavy support weapon! -_-
    But I bet that all monofilament weapons have the same special rule base.
    The 'monofilament' thing will be the counts-in-difficult-terrain like in the 4th edition night spinner rules.
    So when the shadow weaver doesn't have 'rending', death spinners won't have it either.

With the rending lite of the shuriken weapons I doubt another 'weapon family' will get rending oder rending-like rules.

But I still hope for my beloved monofilament weapons. *.*
    Last edited by lastlostboy; 05-25-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Wraithknight (heavy support 240 points)
    -Strong Profile (S:10 T:8 W:6 AS:3+, Jump-pack
    - 2 heavy Phantom lasers (S10 AP 2 instant death on wound rolls of 6)
    - Alternative equipment possible - for example close combat weapons with a 5+ invul and blind special rule or a S:6 5" Blast with AP2. with 5+ invul and blind special rule.
    Had so much potential and its just a 240pt piece of garbage...even moving 12" a turn, it's garbage.

Played against Necron last night...

I went first and even with Imoteck he didn't sieze initiative (did you just see what happend there with a 4+) but it's Night fghting in turn one so he has his kewl effect rocking out the gate...anyway, the only unit I have within 36' of my buddy's C'tan Shard (yes yes, it's ONLY T7 and 4W, but 4++) is my Pathfinders (full ten for 240pts, can you say ironic? I knew you could.) I only hit with 5(gggrrr, BS4, come on!!!) but 3 were rending shots. Don't even wound with the other 2 shots. Rolls his 3 rending (ap 1, gimmie that black vehicle damage dice for light vehicles, YUMMY!!!) at 4++ and fails 2, too bad so sad. You can guess what happened turn 2 when Night Fighting ended.

Yes, the SuckKnight will move 12", it will have nasty weapons (Eldar with nasty weapons, shocking!!!!!), and it will have 6 wounds. T8 is not hard to crack, 90% of the weapons fired will be AP2 so welcome to the land of 5++ most of the time. Also, if you think 6W is awesome...in the above example you would have taken half those 6 wounds (other roll was a 4, failure for Suckknight!!) from only one unit of fire, and your Suckknight hasn't even moved. Be prepared to not even get to shoot, especially if you're not going first and no Night Fighting turn one. Beuller???

It saddens me that soon other armies will point and laugh at the Suckknight, but it does suck. So much potential, yet it falls flat.

On the flip side, Illic is sounding like a BEAST. A little bummed that it's a 6 insta kill instead of 4+ rending, but only a little. I just hope he's heavy 4. Being able to get a level 3 Farseer is going to RULE, and if Illic is really as awesome as he sounds it will be the first time I actually debate about an IC for an HQ choice instead of defaulting to two Farseers 90% of the time. Yes, Eldrad is awesome. I don't run an Ulthwe army, Swordwind forever!
    Last edited by biffster666; 05-25-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Chapter-Master

Troll much?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Don't say anything until you have read the codex. Everyone thought the new Vampire Counts unit Hexwraiths would be stupidly OP and break the game. Turns out they are mediocre and not at all gamebreaking.

Chill. In all 6th edition codexes there are very few units that flat out suck (the ones that comes to mind are Warp Talons, Nephilim, Land Speeder Vengeance, Bloodcrushers and Sniper Drones).

Veteran-Sergeant

On the internet much DarkLink? I can do that to...

I've posted a whoppng 6, now 7 times, and all in this thread. Used to lurk, but everyone being 'joy joy' about the Suckknight when it was total suck if the rumored stat line was correct drew me out. So no, but I'll take the time to smack you down a little, jerk.

Anywho, maybe if you take a few minutes to read those whopping 5 other posts you won't come off as a common internet douche.

Marzillius...

Do any of those even come close to the visiual impact alone that the Wraithknight has? Do any of those cost $115 each? Don't get me wrong, I'm stilll buying one. It will just sit on my Eldar cabinet never to be heard from in battle.
    Last edited by biffster666; 05-25-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biffster666 View Post
    On the internet much DarkLink? I can do that to...

I've posted a whoppng 6, now 7 times, and all in this thread. Used to lurk, but everyone being 'joy joy' about the Suckknight when it was total suck if the rumored stat line was correct drew me out. So no, but I'll take the time to smack you down a little, jerk.

Anywho, maybe if you take a few minutes to read those whopping 5 other posts you won't come off as a common internet douche.
    :sits up, rubs eyes:
    WUT?

@biffster: pretty sure people would rather say that about you. Please stop posting here.

Veteran-Sergeant

My Nephilim has been pretty good so far... Maybe because I gave him a name and heaped praise upon him for flying straight and true, and crashing and burning into a squad of marines wiping them all out denying them an objective....
    http://eldar-40k.blogspot.co.uk/

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Marzillius View Post
    Don't say anything until you have read the codex. Everyone thought the new Vampire Counts unit Hexwraiths would be stupidly OP and break the game. Turns out they are mediocre and not at all gamebreaking.

Chill. In all 6th edition codexes there are very few units that flat out suck (the ones that comes to mind are Warp Talons, Nephilim, Land Speeder Vengeance, Bloodcrushers and Sniper Drones).
    sniper drones crappy? no... just no... on the others we can aggree though - and that we'll have to wait and see for the Wraithknight... I mean being a bit of a glasscannon pretty much comes with being Eldar - and if all else fails, just keep it in reserve, have it stroll on in turn 2 (assuming Autarchs still now a thing or two about tactics^^) and wipe something important with help of the superior positioning from reserves...

Quote Originally Posted by Marzillius View Post

Dude, Sniper Drones are made of Utter Win.
    9 BS5 48" Rapid Fire Snipers? That can move in and out of Blocking Terrain to shoot? With 3 BS5 Markerlights, and Stealth.... Stick an Ethereal near them and you have 27 BS5 Sniper Shots at 24"! Thats rediculous. Besides the obvious things that cause ID id stick my neck out to say theres not a better unit in the game for taking out Monstrous creatures for under 200 points. (Admittedly i havent seen the new Rangers yet, can you tell i like Snipers)

Tyranid Pyrovores on the other hand......