BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 159 of 300 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2994
    Veteran-Sergeant

White Dwarf has landed.....
    http://eldar-40k.blogspot.co.uk/

So to kill a little time while we wait on the next rumor, what does everyone think will be the least used Eldar unit after the new codex comes out?
    I might be alone in this opinion but... I think it would be Banshees.
    Thing is, my experience tells me that the most important factor that defines usability of any unit is its durability, while killing power and any other capabilities come second. Durability comes in the form of either toughness/armour, or efficient transports, or (in some cases) tricky special rules - think Harlequins with Veil of Tears in 4th/5th ed. Banshees, simply put, have neither of those 3 - and that doesn't seem likely to change. Of course, theoretically they might get a unique capability to assault out of a Wave Serpent - but that would immediately make them pretty much the only usable melee unit in the codex, which would be grossly unbalanced against other melee units. Very unlikely to happen imho.

I am sooo glad I held onto my Wraithguard, my first and true Eldar love, when I sold the rest of my Eldar stuff.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    For anyone wanting to keep an eye on GW's website but don't want to be glued to their site all the time.. if you're using chrome:
    [url]https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-monitor/pemhgklkefakciniebenbfclihhmmfcd[/url]

It'll set off alarms when you setup monitoring on a site. I've got it setup to check every 3 minutes and send a notification to my devices through google cloud messaging if the page changes in any ways.
    I use that on the FAQ page too!

Wraithknight (heavy support 240 points)
    -Strong Profile (S:10 T:8 W:6 AS:3+, Jump-pack
    - 2 heavy Phantom lasers (S10 AP 2 instant death on wound rolls of 6)
    - Alternative equipment possible - for example close combat weapons with a 5+ invul and blind special rule or a S:6 5" Blast with AP2. with 5+ invul and blind special rule.
    Looking at this you're almost going to HAVE to give it the invuln save. Anything that can hurt T8 is almost certainly going to have an AP of 3 or better. So it's armor save is virtually useless. Still T8 is tough to crack, but you're basically flying without a parachute without the invuln. Not that a 5+ is reliable, but still.

A little disappointed that it's a heavy weapon choice. I would have liked to have been able to field a full Wraith Army with Wraith Guard as troops (assuming this can still be done), Wraithlords as Heavies, and Wraithknights as Elites. I feel like the Eldar Heavy Weapon choices were already crowded without the Knight as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    So to kill a little time while we wait on the next rumor, what does everyone think will be the least used Eldar unit after the new codex comes out?

My money is on the Striking Scorpions. It used to be a major arguement about whether Banshees or Scorpions were better... now they just sit on the shelf. Banshees are better against high save targets and Harlequins have the same number of attacks and do better in terrain
    Banshees.

They were already nerfed by their power swords being AP3. Combine that with not being able to reliably get doom (Banshees need doom) and the AP3 of power swords (which makes them TOO focused) and then add them getting shot to pieces by overwatch and I can't seem being all that useful expect in specific cases where you KNOW you will be fighting MEQs. And even then, the lack of reliably having doom and getting hit by overwatch make them an unlikely choice.

Unless they have some rules (furious charge, some kind of counter to overwatch, etc) I think Banshees will pretty much be completely replaced by CC wraithguard.

It's a shame too, because for me Banshees were always the prototypical Eldar Aspect. Loved them in 2nd edition.

Quote Originally Posted by calamitycal View Post
    Looking at this you're almost going to HAVE to give it the invuln save. Anything that can hurt T8 is almost certainly going to have an AP of 3 or better. So it's armor save is virtually useless. Still T8 is tough to crack, but you're basically flying without a parachute without the invuln. Not that a 5+ is reliable, but still.

A little disappointed that it's a heavy weapon choice. I would have liked to have been able to field a full Wraith Army with Wraith Guard as troops (assuming this can still be done), Wraithlords as Heavies, and Wraithknights as Elites. I feel like the Eldar Heavy Weapon choices were already crowded without the Knight as it is.
    Yeah but in most decent sized games how much are you actually gonna be able to run?

Going purely by the rumours (with no Knowledge of new Item upgrades etc) ive estimated that 3x10 Guard, 2 Lords and 1 Knight is roughly 1500 points. Add the HQ's and a few support items and youre already pushing the limit of most 'standard' games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    Yeah but in most decent sized games how much are you actually gonna be able to run?

Going purely by the rumours (with no Knowledge of new Item upgrades etc) ive estimated that 3x10 Guard, 2 Lords and 1 Knight is roughly 1500 points. Add the HQ's and a few support items and youre already pushing the limit of most 'standard' games.
    That's true. It's not a huge lament, more a comment.

...and the Pre-orders are up!

£30 for 5 Wraithguard! Dammit. (not that i didnt see it coming i guess). At least they havent put the Wraithlords up.

Is it just me, or is this a new style on the boxes too?

First-Captain

They're here.
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatG ameStyle=wh40k[/url]