BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 156 of 300 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2994
    Chaplain

Waiting patiently for the White Dwarf preview today... Well, maybe not patiently

Veteran-Sergeant

Anyone wanting to snag 10 Dire Avengers last minute dot com are now bang outta luck.... No longer available. Whod'a thunk it.

Yeah I am pretty impatiently awaiting this months White Dwarf too, sometimes the digi version pops up early...
    http://eldar-40k.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm not all that worried about bandwagoners, there's a guy at my club who's main and only army is eldar, and he beats the unobtanium out of all comers. He, as a matter of fact, got me into the eldar army a few years ago. His advice to me was always that the army is like a rapier, not a broadsword, or a machine gun. and finesse is key. I think you will get a lot of folk who get the army book, some new models and try to hammersmash some face with the knight or the wraiths, or (epically hilarious to see) aspect warriors, and get tabled because the army isn't really set up for that. They'll get disgruntled, put their crap on trade/buy/sell, there, free-er eldar for all.

AS for the DA, I am SO glad I had 50-60 already.

Veteran-Sergeant

Yup I have a crapton of the fluffy helmed fellows, so not at all fussed by the price per piece hike. Eldar were my first army, and remain the army that give me that little warm glow, when I am fielding them.

Still impatiently awaiting White Dwarf....
    http://eldar-40k.blogspot.co.uk/

There are still boxes of 10 available on Ebay if people move fast:

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Eldar-Dire-Avengers-BNIB-/140983037669?pt=Games_US&hash=item20d33e6ee5[/url]

Librarian

I have very happy about the WraithKnight being a MC. I feel, other than poison (which I always felt Wraith units should have some defense against-like only on a 6+) a MC is far more survivable than a vehicle.
    5 Meltaguns at your Land Raider = poof! Even 2-4 Lascannons can take it out.
    5 Meltaguns or 4 lascannons at the Wraithknight with 6 wounds = at best taking down some wounds, but can't kill it in a single round.

And then your new Runeseer casts the spell that gives him back a wound your opponent tried so hard to remove!

Quote Originally Posted by IronZOGZ View Post
    There are still boxes of 10 available on Ebay if people move fast:

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Eldar-Dire-Avengers-BNIB-/140983037669?pt=Games_US&hash=item20d33e6ee5[/url]
    I'm not buying anything except the limited edition fig and psychic powers deck until I read through the codex. For all we know DAs could be sub par to other Troops choices now. In the past I usually ran jetbikes and rangers as troops and am hoping they will still be good choices in the new dex.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    Waiting patiently for the White Dwarf preview today... Well, maybe not patiently
    Yep and yeppers!
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by D6Damager View Post
    I wonder if the psyker in the flyer will be affected by the Daemons Warpstorm table result of LD test or destroy and replace with a herald....
    I want this, but if the herald replaces a zooming flier it crashes and burns and we all imagine the final moments of the aircraft with the Gremlins music in the background.