BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like the idea celestialatc and think it could be used to build a very strong list, the main reason I went with the Paladins and Draigo build though is over the year at local GT's last year I ended up winning 2 box's of Paladins and a Draigo model. At some point I even bought some Warmachine Protectorate of Menoth Exemplar Bastions on ebay for really cheap and I had a lot of fun using them to build up a squad of nearly 15 Paladin/ terminator models. I really put a lot of time into the building and painting aspect of my army this time around and I want it to be seen.

Additionally, and I don't know why it is exactly, I was having a hard time finding a build that not only was strong in tournaments, but also fun to play. I did well with just a foot slogging Draigo and Inquisitor with a couple of foot slogging strike squads in a local tournament, but it was just so bland and one dimensional. I may take you up on your suggestion though as I proceed in building up my guys in the future.

Additionally I recently was able to make the deal of the century and found a guy on Craigslist who was trying to unload his huge Eldar collection. ~$1400 in models and some of which are really rare. There was a Bone Singer in the lot and all of the aspect warriors and models were the old Pewter ones. I got that army for a trade where I gave him my old Xbox elite and 4 games( The orange box, Fallout3, Fallout New Vegas, and Red Dead Redemption). All of which I haven't touched in over a year. So now I have this awesome Eldar army I need to figure out what to do with in the future,
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Chapter-Master

Why didn't I think of Servtors with Plasma Cannons, I take a big squad of cheap Acolytes as a scoring unit anyways... I just don't want to waste Coteaz protecting them from Mindlock.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Why didn't I think of Servtors with Plasma Cannons, I take a big squad of cheap Acolytes as a scoring unit anyways... I just don't want to waste Coteaz protecting them from Mindlock.
    Well okay and I am tempted not to even mention this because it is a trick that has suited me well in the past. If you have them with the Aegis line and a Quadgun Coteaz can be manning that and when any unit (IE Necron Flying Circus) comes in from reserve withing 12" of him you can make your out of sequence shooting with the Quadgun as much as you would like. Then after your opponents movements are done you can still use your Interceptor shots. This is a one trick pony that often only nets you one additional set of shots with the Quadgun since after you say "Is that where you are placing that unit? Final answer?" and they say "Yes." and you say okay "Dakka Dakka Dakka" They usually make some sort of unintelligible guttural noise and ask you why? Then they learn not to do that again. Still though it lets you pop two Necron flyers instead of one with in a single turn.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    Well okay and I am tempted not to even mention this because it is a trick that has suited me well in the past. If you have them with the Aegis line and a Quadgun Coteaz can be manning that and when any unit (IE Necron Flying Circus) comes in from reserve withing 12" of him you can make your out of sequence shooting with the Quadgun as much as you would like. Then after your opponents movements are done you can still use your Interceptor shots. This is a one trick pony that often only nets you one additional set of shots with the Quadgun since after you say "Is that where you are placing that unit? Final answer?" and they say "Yes." and you say okay "Dakka Dakka Dakka" They usually make some sort of unintelligible guttural noise and ask you why? Then they learn not to do that again. Still though it lets you pop two Necron flyers instead of one with in a single turn.
    This is genius and going to be in my next allies config

Chaplain

I like the idea celestialatc and think it could be used to build a very strong list, the main reason I went with the Paladins and Draigo build though is over the year at local GT's last year I ended up winning 2 box's of Paladins and a Draigo model. At some point I even bought some Warmachine Protectorate of Menoth Exemplar Bastions on ebay for really cheap and I had a lot of fun using them to build up a squad of nearly 15 Paladin/ terminator models. I really put a lot of time into the building and painting aspect of my army this time around and I want it to be seen.

Additionally, and I don't know why it is exactly, I was having a hard time finding a build that not only was strong in tournaments, but also fun to play. I did well with just a foot slogging Draigo and Inquisitor with a couple of foot slogging strike squads in a local tournament, but it was just so bland and one dimensional. I may take you up on your suggestion though as I proceed in building up my guys in the future.

Additionally I recently was able to make the deal of the century and found a guy on Craigslist who was trying to unload his huge Eldar collection. ~$1400 in models and some of which are really rare. There was a Bone Singer in the lot and all of the aspect warriors and models were the old Pewter ones. I got that army for a trade where I gave him my old Xbox elite and 4 games( The orange box, Fallout3, Fallout New Vegas, and Red Dead Redemption). All of which I haven't touched in over a year. So now I have this awesome Eldar army I need to figure out what to do with in the future,
    I don't think you need to take out the Paladins. I would actually offer up the idea as a way to augment the paladins. They are a strong fire base that can help blow up some of the dangers to your paladins. It would mean giving up one of your dreadknights, but it very well could be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    I don't think you need to take out the Paladins. I would actually offer up the idea as a way to augment the paladins. They are a strong fire base that can help blow up some of the dangers to your paladins. It would mean giving up one of your dreadknights, but it very well could be worth it.
    I can see where you going with it now I think. The thing then is that that Dreadknights are there to deal with horde clearing, specifically dirty Zombie blobs. I think the redundancy there is a little essential unless I switch it up and start bringing Purifiers (which are better at horde clearing thanks to Cleansing Flame, but die a little easier). If I do that though then I am playing a significantly different list. Not that I wouldn't be opposed to it though as I could bring my purifiers off the shelf. This may actually be an idea at some point. This biggest issue in the end though is the number of bodies I am bringing and the amount of threat generated vs how easy they are to kill.

Chaplain

I can see where you going with it now I think. The thing then is that that Dreadknights are there to deal with horde clearing, specifically dirty Zombie blobs. I think the redundancy there is a little essential unless I switch it up and start bringing Purifiers (which are better at horde clearing thanks to Cleansing Flame, but die a little easier). If I do that though then I am playing a significantly different list. Not that I wouldn't be opposed to it though as I could bring my purifiers off the shelf. This may actually be an idea at some point. This biggest issue in the end though is the number of bodies I am bringing and the amount of threat generated vs how easy they are to kill.
    I would like to say that my Acolyte squad would be just as useful against hordes as a Dreadknight...what you gain on Templates you do loss on mobility. Dreadknights are just amazingly mobile. So yea it does come down to your play style. Maybe save my idea for your next list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12