BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Denied's new Grey Knight All Commers 1850 list

So I have been working on reworking my Grey Knights since my Purifier Razorspam list got destroyed in 6th edition. In the end I think I have finally come up with a list I really like and I really enjoy playing. It has a little bit of everything and should do pretty solid on the table.

HQ:
    Draigo-275
    Coteaz-100
    Troops:
    10x Paladins: 1xsword, 4xHalberds, 4xHammers, 4x Psycannons, 1xBrotherhood Banner: 6355
    3xWarrior Acolytes: Razorback- 57
    3xWarrior Acolytes: Razorback, Psybolt Ammo, Searchlight- 63
    3xWarrior Acolytes: Razorback, Psybolt Ammo, Searchlight- 63
    3xWarrior Acolytes-12
    Fast Attack:
    Stormraven: TL Multi-Melta, TL Assault Cannon-205
    Heavy Support:
    Dreadknight: Heavy Incinerator-160
    Dreadknight: Heavy Incinerator-160
    Fortification:
    Aegis Defense Line: Quadgun-100
    Total: 1850

The Quadgun will be manned by Acolytes and the Razorbacks will be behind the Aegis for at least a 4+ cover save. The Paladins will of course be my beat stick deathstar and I have the added threat of the two Dreadknights, all of which are very survivable units. The Stormraven for Dog fights and harassing units as well as those oh so delicious Mind Strike Missiles (love those things). I am interested to see how people feel about it.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Veteran-Sergeant

Ever consider using mordrak? Deep striking first turn without scattering is amazing. I only use him with the ghosts and he is ridiculously effective, I can't imagine him with a unit of shootie palies. You could claim first blood or knock out the enemy general if he is misplaced or sitting behind a squad.

Him instead of draigo would give you points to play with for things like psyammo and hurricane bolters on the raven. Only down side is palies won't be scoring, which seems to be you main asset.

Chapter-Master

He's not an Independent Character, so you can't put him with a Paladin squad. Mordrack's fun, but there's a reason you don't see him very often in competitive lists.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    He's not an Independent Character, so you can't put him with a Paladin squad. Mordrack's fun, but there's a reason you don't see him very often in competitive lists.
    Ah ha, I'm not used to these non ic stuff. But I run him as an ally to my vanilla or DA with a strikes quad and the psyammo/hurricane bolter raven. And yes, he is soooo much of fun

Yeah, between two SCs that aren't ICs and one that team kills it's no wonder Draigo's the most common.

I know right and I love Crowe too, I just wish he was either an IC or that he had EW because otherwise he is way too much of a risk on his own.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Chapter-Master

Coteaz, on the other hand, is practically an auto-include. A mastery 2 psyker with Divination that grants access to absurdly cheap scoring units and defends against both Seize the Initiative and enemy reserves while buffing your own Seize, and he's got a 2+ armor with a lot of Str 6 AP 2 attacks for 100pts? There is no other option for your second HQ slot.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    I know right and I love Crowe too, I just wish he was either an IC or that he had EW because otherwise he is way too much of a risk on his own.
    crow is kind of a beast though. i used to play the 1v1v1 game in the 5th ed book and would always knockout daemon princes, decked out captain, abaddon once or twice. all through heroic sacrifice. he is kind of a lame duck in normal games though...

I know the reason I love him is if he gets into CC he is DEVASTATING. The problem is you need to get him into CC first. One of my favorite moves in 5th ed, if I could pull it off obviously, was to run Crowe into a huge squad of guys and then chose the reroll all saves stance and cleansing flame enemies. You could sit there whittling away enemy units without them being able to do anything about it because you had a 2+4++ and you could reroll ALL failed saves. I remember the first time I did that to a guy in a tournament he nearly flipped the table.

Chaplain

So my two cents, I have been having a lot of success with an Acolyte squad behind the Aegis Defense Line.

I would have 3 Acolytes with Plasma Guns (maybe with Power Armor to help them with Gets Hot), 3 Servitors with Plasma Cannons, maybe a Monkey, and then as many normal Acolytes as I can fit for extra wounds. Throw Coteaz in this squad with Divination and you have a strong fire base to camp an objective. I have yet to have this squad wiped out...although I have yet to go up against Noise Marines, who would ripe this squad apart. But so far they have been great. Just something to consider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast