BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Kind of bummed about PK doing the Eldar codex. As much as people say that the DE and Eldar book have aged well, I disagree. The DE lists I see are getting homogenous and the Eldar book is just riddled with worthless units like Swooping hawks and shining spears and points costs that even at the time didn't make sense. The thing about Ward's codexes is that there are often several different viable units in it and combinations that are fun to play. I know that my BA codex has so many different builds that are fun to play with and at the same time won't get you ROFLStomped on the table.

The only silver lining to the Eldar codex not being released until 2014 is that I will continue to enjoy the gnashing of teeth as I watch my friends roll 12+ on 3D6 for their psychic tests for at least another year and a half, maybe two at this point, who knows.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by alshrive View Post
    the last Ork codex was Kelly, the last Orc Army Book was Vetock
    My mistake, either way it was hilarious
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

I agree with you Def about the aging. My Eldar are now cupboard bound for the next codex. They just cant compete.

Kelly codexes are brilliant, especially when they come out for sheer choice, variety and flavour. But after a few years you stop using certain things as it gets harder to compete. They're still masterful books but they suffer over age a lot.

in contrast Ward and Cruddance books are powerful and stay powerful but only with specific units and builds all the way through their life

It suprises me for PK to do Eldar. WHen i spoke to him at GD a few years back he said it would be wierd and difficult to go back and redo his own work
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

cruddance on tau? well hello being being made worse...
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Ward has been improving. His background hasn't been at all bad since GK, the Necrons tuff was really rather good as was his SoB background. Ditto his rules, Necrons are a strong book but not really broken or overpowered (unless your fighting them with a 4th edition codex that got hit quite hard by 6th...). Really not worried about Ward.
    Sounds like a reference to my many successes.

POWERSWITCH.

Dark Angels put back again? Poster boys my arse, f*ck you GW. *angry*
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

idk, I find it hard to believe that just after release of the 40k book they will only be putting out the one codex for it for such a long period of time. It just seems utterly moronic to have something new that people are excited about, and then ignoring it like the red headed stepchild in favour of lord of the rings stuff which historically only sells a little bit around the release of the movies then gets ignored forever and a day. Seems really stupid to ignore the golden goose just to get some quick sales out of the stinky pile of poo.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Librarian

I really don't understand the hate for lord of the rings. It gave GW a much greater brand name and had really tight rules (surprisingly) for GW. Yes it didn't work well in big battles but i could play a 700pt game of lotr in a faster time than 2000pt 40k and i've had much more interesting games with lotr. But nothing for me in these rumours :/ eldar tau are the two im waiting for.

I'm clueless on the Dark Angels. I don't really get why Dark Angels are different enough to merit a separate Codex. They've got a few differences in what units fall into what FOC slot and a couple of special rules and chars. But, are they really that different otherwise?
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

With all due respect to professional rumormongers and such, it is terribly hard to imagine Dark Angels not being on the immediate horizon.

Chapter-Master

I still think Cruddace is a great book writer, the tyranid hate is just silly. I look forward to h doing Tau (or possibly having done Tau by now, given the schedule) I look forward to there being a hammerhead with a heavy 15 gun, inevitable really :P
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast