BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ork Rumours

Chapter-Master

Default Ork Rumours

Something out of left field here...they arne't even on the rumoured release in the next 12 months....

But Ork rumours anyway!

From Faeit 212

via Batty (from the Faeit 212 inbox)
    First we can start with orks what i have heard is that they stay the same with furious charge and mob rules but all orks ( not grots or squigs)
    will get FnP 6+ as a race because they are basically tough and it takes a lot to kill and stop an ork.

Most weapons will stay the same except choppas are ap6 but gain ap5 on charge and big choppers will be +2s and ap4 and ap3 on charge.

Nobz stay the same but are getting more characterful upgrades available to them, new kinds or grot assistants such as suicide grots(act alot like bomb squigs but prone to blowing up in unit) and
    ammo runts and attack squigs also more weapon options like Big shootas and such.

new nob mega armour unit with teleporting abilities but its teleporting works differently from conventional deepstrike bit more random.
    There is a special mek character that can bestow teleportation on D3 units.

special bloodaxe character with rules that can bring back boyz units once they are destroyed, much like an imperial guard special character.

A large multi wound squigoth type creature, not FW, it is ever hungry and uses a hunger points system. if it doesn't fulfill the hunger points in enemy's it will rampage nearest unit friend or
    foe in order to eat.

Two new ork psychic lists for weirdboys, Mork more offencive and Gork more strategic. Many powers in the lists get more powerful the more orks are around the weirboy,
    although the more powerful they are the more dangerous they are if they are miscast as they will often misdirect or hit the weirdboy and unit.

New ork only fortifications (including an ork rock) and an ork only warlord chart
    Sounds cool, and still crazy orky....but miles off yet
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

Sounds like some random fun
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Sounding very wish listy.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Shouldn't Gork and Mork be the other way around? Gork is more brutal power, Mork is more cunning?
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Occuli Imperator

Does sound the wrong way.
    Gork being brutal but cunning while Mork is cunning but brutal
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

An 'Ork Rok' for scenery...

That alone makes me NOT want to wait so long.

Yay Orks! It's been too long for the Boyz, and it shows - it's the only army I've not seen yet being played in my local GW (even Sisters have a loyal player there).
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

I'm glad to hear something regarding orks, but at the same time, this seems a bit much. 6+ FNP would be nice, and extra nob options sounds mandatory with what we're seeing in other books.

I hope that the wierdboyz and any other units with random penalties... er... abilities are better constructed or compensated this go round. Too often in the past, I've been cremated by the drawbacks of random abilities and rarely gotten the "good stuff" at the right time.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

I don't mind random abilities, but only if they're of the "all the random abilities on this table do the same thing" philosophy that the studio seemed to institute after ... well, after the ork codex, come to think of it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast