BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Thanks for posting this!

Vetock writing Chaos Daemons = not sure, I don't know any 40K codexes that he has done. Apparently though he is a great Fantasy author? It sounds like it isn't a massive overhaul, which is fine as Daemons are now actually competitive again.

Ward writing Dark Angels = hopefully he actually tones his own works back and writes a codex similarl to his Space Marines codex. However, it wouldn't surprise me if he makes another Grey Knights/Necrons codex.

Cruddance writing Tau = WHY!? Seriously though, Tau can't get worse. Right? This guy can't nerf them anymore. Can he? Unfortunately though, this guy is usually the kiss of death for a codex. The terrible Tyranids or the imba Imperial Guard. Jokes aside, I'll give him a chance. All he really has to do is update the codex to current rules and give the codex a general points reduction. He also needs to fix some certain units.

Kelly writing Eldar - no surprises. It just wouldn't be Eldar/Dark Eldar without Phil Kelly. Given that his previous Eldar and Dark Eldar codexes were great when they came out and tend to have aged well, I have nothing but faith that this will be a great release.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Unless they have figured out that Marine sales are strong without excessive preferential treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    It does also talk about marine kits (sans codex) with the DA sales.

Maybe a recut generic Tac squad, Terminator Squad and vehicle. Add in a WD expansion and they're hapy for another year

I suppose they're both possibilities, plus it would push back how long it is till they suffer as everyone elses codex has been newer...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Also - Cruddance on Tau makes me sad face.
    I dunno...he did IG and Tau are similar enough that maybe he won't pull another Tyranid codex? Please?
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Librarian

if cruddace is working on Tau prepare for a weapon that gets 20 shots!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Vetock does good work. Skaven are a good book, but his writing style was somewhat less than lucid, it required quite a bit of FAQing and Errata. He learnt from that though, his next book Orcs and Goblins was very good, nicely balanced. Hist last, Ogre Kingdoms (wrriten with Jerbis Johnson) is considered one of the stronger 8th edition books without being broken or overpowered. Really confident he will do daemons justice.

Ward has been improving. His background hasn't been at all bad since GK, the Necrons tuff was really rather good as was his SoB background. Ditto his rules, Necrons are a strong book but not really broken or overpowered (unless your fighting them with a 4th edition codex that got hit quite hard by 6th...). Really not worried about Ward.

Cruddace has also improved, his Tomb Kings book for WFB was inoffensive, his Empire book quite good and his SoB rules were also inoffensive given the constraints of being a WD book. I can't blame you for being worried, I was when I heard he was doing Empire. But he delivered a good book, so I wouldn't get too morose just yet.

Kelly writing eldar is just great, really hoping this is accurate. As you say the Eldar book has aged well and was very good at the time and the Dark Eldar book is, in my opinion, one of the best codices GW have produced in terms of internal and external balance.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

More I think about it...Cruddance might do Tau OK.

Big guns, gunline, gunships, gunmen, gunguns, gundams, gunhung, gun, gun, gun gun gun gun gun gun

Basically anything with lots of guns :P and he might be alright. However he also has the potential to **** it completly. Going to be interesting to see them out shoot and under combat the Necrons though....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Can't they just bring back the proper writers?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Iron Father

Vetock wrote the last Ork codex, which I think maybe the funniest bit of 40k writing I have ever read. I wonder if he can inject that kind of fun into the Chaos book ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

I can see deamons chaning big time. The Deamon USR no longer confers fearless or Eternal Warrior.

Can see most things getting a little more crap, but a lot cheaper.

I thought the last Ork codex was Kelly?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

the last Ork codex was Kelly, the last Orc Army Book was Vetock
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast