BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default 1850 Space Marine Bike list

I've been modifying a bike list for tournaments later this month. I have gone through a few builds, and this one has done decently for me. Sometimes I replace Kor'sarro with a captain on bike with relic blade and stormshield.

Kor'sarro Khan - 205
    Moondrakkan

Command Squad -200
    2 powerfists
    2 lightning claws
    stormshields
    veteran sergant

10 Sniper scouts - 170
    camo cloaks

8 bikes - 285
    attack bike
    powerfist
    2x melta-gun
    multimelta (on attack bike)

8 bikes - 275
    attack bike (heavy bolter)
    power weapon
    2 plasma guns

Predator - 250
    3x Lass
    extra armour
    Chronus

Thunferfire cannon -100

5 assault terminators - 200

Dreadnought - 120
    extra armour
    Drop pod - 35

Brother-Captain

Drop your Bike Squadrons down to 4 bikes + AB so you can try and fit more units in. Don't bother with powerfists, Bikes aren't meant for assault. Use your speed to avoid assaults, focus your fire and pick apart the enemy 1 unit at a time.

Khan is fine, just don't outflank, furious charge and H&R work wonders. Your Command Squad is the only real HtH threat you have, so use it to smash face.

Predator's way too expensive for something that can't fire at full effect on the move. Ditch it for more bikes.

You can also lose the TFC and walking Termies (pointless and pointlesser) for more Bikes and some Speeders.

If you go for Bikes, go all out. They're expensive and you need lots, otherwise your army loses focus. Honestly, 2 uber Command Squads, 3-4 Bike units and Speeders to fill points is all you need. 2 beefy fighty squads, 3-4 mobile flexible scoring units, and some zippy heavy weapon platforms.

Chapter-Master

Chumys giving some solid advice. I've been running the Khan in 5th Edition and have tried using Termies in the list (They are next to useless). Bikes super suck in the assault so Powerfists are not your best friend (Except for the HQ squad where I prefer meltas, LClaws and SS - as recommended to me by Chumy several weeks ago. They are vicious!) I do use a drop podding Ironclad to try and hit the unit that threatens my bikes the most in turn 1. I have also been using a couple of Whirlwinds to blast units out of cover and at least 1 outflanking unit (currently 5 Tactical marines in a razorback) Soon to be 5 scouts in a LS Storm for Objective grabbing. I've tried outflanking with a lot of the army a few times but have only been able to get draws from each game. I couldn't focus enough firepower at a single point of the enemies line to do any real damage.
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 10-09-2009 at 11:29 AM.