BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    They said - Tony Cottrell that is, hopefully next book should be ready for next years Gamesday. They have 5 -6 characters packs they want release first before then, the next on being Loken and Abaddon together. The Abaddon model looks sweet.
    I agree with you on Abaddon, it's such an improvement on the GW one, I know a few folks that will be buying him to use in their chaos armies. The GW is so dated, it's nearly as bad as Logan Grimnar.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I would imagine that is one of their games day lies, it wont take them anything like a year to make the next book, and it would only cost them sales delaying it like that. If the next Istvaan is going to be in two books, that would mean two years to get only eleven of the legions done, given their other plans they mentioned for the heresy, that would seem like way too long a time scale.
    It might be a GD lie, all I can relay is what he said.
    It will be called "Massacre" and will feature Iron Hands, Salamanders, Night Lords & Word Bearers. It should be out for next years GD, maybe later. They have 2 IA books to do before then + models.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Fly Lord

via Tzeentch's Dark Agent

Mortarion (425)
    Primarch of the Death Guard

Stats
    WS7-BS5-S6-T7-W7-I5-A5-Ld10-Sv 2+

Unit Type - Infantry (Character)
    Unit Character: 1 (Unique)

Wargear
    • Barbarian Plate (2+ Armour Save, 4+ Invulnerable Save)
    • Silence (S +1, AP2; Melee, Instant Death, Sunder -may re-roll armour penetration rolls, Unwieldy, Two Handed, Sweep Attack -may exchange attacks to attack every model in base contact)
    • The Lantern (Range: 18", S8, AP2; Assault 1, Sunder)
    • Frag Grenades
    • Phospex Bombs (unlimited) - Range: 12"

Special Rules
    Primarch

Sire of the Death Guard:
    - All Death Guard are Stubborn
    - Their frag grenades, frag missiles, and Havoc Launchers have Poisoned (4+)

Shadow of the Reaper:
    - Leadership against Fear tests caused by Mortarion suffer a -1 penalty
    - If he isn't locked in combat or embarked in a transport in the owning player's shooting phase then Mortarion may be redeployed (not deep strike) by passing a Ld test - must be within 10" of his starting position and may not finish within 3" of an enemy unit - may not be placed in a transport, building, or impassable terrain - if Mortation was attached to a unit then he leaves it - Mortation may declare charges after performing this move but it counts as disordered

Preternatural Resilience
    - Mortarion re-rolls failed Toughness tests and "It Will Not Die!" rolls
    - Automatically passes any dangerous terrain
    - Any weapon that wounds on a flat dice roll (e.g., Poison) will only hurt Mortarion on a roll to wound of 6

- Witch Spite
    - Deny the Witch on 4+
    - Very Bulky
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 09-25-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

BOSS!!

but what's with the designers obsession with fear? Do they read their own rules and realize that its about as naff as a rule can get?

BLACK BLOW FLY???

I spent freakin' 10 mins typing Mortarion on the Games Day Thread.... Gods damn it all!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I agree with you on Abaddon, it's such an improvement on the GW one, I know a few folks that will be buying him to use in their chaos armies. The GW is so dated, it's nearly as bad as Logan Grimnar.
    Listen here, sir. Logan isn't THAT bad. And he certainly isn't as bad as:

Ragnar Blackmane
    Brother Corbulo
    Captain Tycho
    Mephiston
    Kharn
    Lucius

I mean, those models just suck nuts for how cool they "SHOULD" be. I was particuarly disappointed when neither Ragnar or Mephiston were resculpted. However, for as bad as those are, how well has Typhon aged? That is such a great model.

www.queencityguard.com

Chaplain

His stats lines are reasonable, just a little better than a Chapter Master aside from the boosted toughness, wounds, and attacks. I'm shocked to see he's only initiative 5, though.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    His stats lines are reasonable, just a little better than a Chapter Master aside from the boosted toughness, wounds, and attacks. I'm shocked to see he's only initiative 5, though.
    I love how you say they're reasonable and shrug off T7 like it's nothing . The I5 surprised me a little bit too, but considering he's one of the 'slower' Primarchs and I5 is still better than most, it made more sense to me. I imagine Vulkan will be a similiar initiative, as will perhas Ferrus and Perturabo as well. My sense is that Russ, Sanguinius, Curze, Corax, and Khan will all be the fastest, with probably Curze being at the top of that list at an I8 or 9 and everyone else falling between. I mean, we already know from the Lightning Towers that Curze is MUCH faster than Rogal Dorn.

www.queencityguard.com

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I love how you say they're reasonable and shrug off T7 like it's nothing . The I5 surprised me a little bit too, but considering he's one of the 'slower' Primarchs and I5 is still better than most, it made more sense to me. I imagine Vulkan will be a similiar initiative, as will perhas Ferrus and Perturabo as well. My sense is that Russ, Sanguinius, Curze, Corax, and Khan will all be the fastest, with probably Curze being at the top of that list at an I8 or 9 and everyone else falling between. I mean, we already know from the Lightning Towers that Curze is MUCH faster than Rogal Dorn.
    If i remember, Fulgrim is both WS8 and I8. He is the next primarch to get a model.
    Last edited by david5th; 09-26-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Chapter-Master

Well hot damn. I did forget about Fulgrim and I figured his WS would be insane, but I didn't expect his I to be so high. Seems to me like the 'fast' primarchs (Curze, Corax, Khan) may end up being I10. That's just crazysauce.

So, now out of pure speculation, I'm going to drum up a Russ stat line. Feel free to modify after I'm done. It'll be fun to see how close we can get when they eventually come out.

Leman Russ, the Wolf King
    WS8/BS5/S6/T6/W6/I8/A6/LD10/SV2+

His WS could probably be lower, but in everything I've read Russ is one of the best in H2H. I think S6 & T6 is probably appropriate. I think all the Primarchs should be around S6, with maybe Vulkan or Perturabo or Ferrus Manus being S7. W6 Seems like it should be a Primarch Standard, with Nancy boys like Lorgar and maybe Magnus (he's not a nancy boy, though) maybe being W5. I think his attack stack could be lower if he comes with Freki and Geri (which he darn well better) with their stats probably looking something like this:

Frecki & Geri
    WS5/BS-/S5/T4/W2/I5/A3/LD7/Sv5+
    5+ dodge save, or whatever. Their attacks should probably be rending. 3 Attacks each (mouth, two paws).

He'll probably the option of 2 weapons, the Spear of Russ & His sword (I can't remember the name of it).
    I'd imagine the sword would have something about Executioner in it, or have an executioner rule that ignores FNP or It will not Die.

He'll have a good deny the witch save, probably a 3+ based on mortarions 4+
    His Sire of the Space Wolves (Wolf King) rule will probably confer counter attack to his legion.
    He'll have "super acute" senses .

What do ya'll think?!

www.queencityguard.com

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast