BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    I have little doubt that Games Workshop would like to see larger size games played and that they have manipulated the new Codex to try and encourage horde spam for the purpose of sales.
    I agree with most of your post, but it looks to me more like they changed the rules to *allow* hordes, not to encourage it. You do lose your ccw, and a lot of cool rules if you just run naked Bolter/Pistol Marines.

The thing I think is awesome is that it *appears* to be following suit that there is no perfect right way to build your army. That is a more fun option.

Also, undefeated depends a lot on where you are and everything. My meta is a lot less vehicle heavy, and I ran a Tyranid List that went undefeated except for a time when someone was fudging the rules (we kept playing because we were having a blast, I just took pictures to remind him forever on facebook!)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    10 csm or more if one sloggs with mark and icon veteran and 2 specials is not cheap . BA spam cheap hth units and how is it helping them ? Same with GK . cheap but they stayed shoty. melee even with multiple units is too random. It takes one failed charge and the unit is being light up with anti teq weapons at rapid fire range . With a possible point blank counter charge.

aha and GW is going to make it in which way ? remove flyers or are we speaking about some time in the future when we have 3-4 6th ed dex. because thats good 1 year or more and doesnt help chaos marines who just had to deal with 5years of 5th ed.

word.

265 pts witout body bags no transport . you said cheap hth units . he looks like a 500pts unit . its 1/3 of an army and chosen are bad . they are high cost zerkers with +3sv .

another 450-500pts dude . 1/3 army . melee . but unlike abadon his buff does nothing to most armies.

assuming everything works and you are in melee range . how do you deal with flyer builds ?

So one thing gets blown up losing hull points from necron and the other one is FW , so offten does not get accapted in playgroups . Ah and LR/eagle +abadon + bodybags + some sort of support makes your army a death start. Where is the cheap as chips thing ? also because of vodka production here am biased , chips cost hell lot of money .
    You don't to spend that many points to make a decent HtH unit. And unless it is a cheap unit and you are using it more as a distraction, mount it up. 35 points gives you a lot of protection. For Berzerkers, an eight man squad in a rhino will cost you 185. They don't need anything else, they will maul infantry whilst not necessarily wiping them. They are also cheap and thus can be duplicated so they aren't redundant. Charges are less reliable but that is why you keep them a part of the larger force and don't look at them individually as something that needs to kill stuff. Melee is still good for tying stuff up. Genestealers can't charge from outflank but pop them next to Devastators or Long Fangs whilst isolating them. Your opponent either has to react to the threat and ignore that targets they should shoot at or ignore them and get ripped apart. Think more and keep your opponent guessing.

Spam lists are just that. Spam lists. People will stop taking them once balanced lists become available that can reliably deal with flyer spam and other lists.

Wow, an isolated example. It is general advice mate. That doesn't mean you can't make Abaddon work - which you can. You pay the points for it but that is the price you pay for him.

Same thing with Typhus.

You also take units that can deal with flyers, and realize flyer spam lists don't exist everywhere and probably won't in a year or two.

Again, taking a comment out of context. General advice is cheap and multiples, but if you take Abaddon or Tuphus, the inherent cost comes down to how/if you want to transport them, and what bodyguard they have. Abaddon and Typhus are meant for bigger games where you can make them work more effectively, but you can still use them at smaller games - expect their units to not be as effective though. However, you can also consider that some characters make such 'deathstar' builds viable, Draigo being the obvious example. The trick with Paladins isn't one big unit but two mid-sized units. A similar principle can be adopted in bigger games. Typhus allows you to turn zombies into exceedingly cheap Plaguebearers - I.e hard as nails objective sitters. Abaddon gives a big buff to everyone around him when playing against marines.

New stuff
    [url]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7X1gUnyomFY/UF-S8gStPTI/AAAAAAAACa8/IPqREEXZgic/s1600/P1050828.JPG[/url]
    [url]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-i0GMLVqJu0s/UF-TGBYG3BI/AAAAAAAACbE/XDPvASrnq0o/s1600/P1050830.JPG[/url]
    [url]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cajqn9F-Fok/UF-TQVGt66I/AAAAAAAACbM/psJUB9wwm5U/s1600/P1050831.JPG[/url]
    [url]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7SIHbjQEtCU/UF-TtjXnyJI/AAAAAAAACbk/vmPTEPe0GAk/s1600/P1050835.JPG[/url]
    Last edited by Bigred; 09-24-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Default new stuff 2

[url]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Mq9E1mvOAZQ/UF-T0JZYVII/AAAAAAAACbs/4sQtIOmxwco/s1600/P1050836.JPG[/url]
    Last edited by Bigred; 09-24-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Credit to "From the Fang" blog!

Librarian

Are people just purposefully not looking at the Chaos Artefacts page? I mean, come on. What the heck?
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by NurglesBloatedEgo View Post
    Credit to "From the Fang" blog!
    Thanks for the find!

People were wondering what the Flail rule for Helbrute power scourges was.
    It reduces the WS of models in base to base by D3 each turn

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Thanks for the find!

People were wondering what the Flail rule for Helbrute power scourges was.
    It reduces the WS of models in base to base by D3 each turn
    Thats not really that great, WS is basically a naff stat in 40k anyway losing 1 to 3 points is no major deal for anything that would be hurting a dread anyway. Atleast its still S8 and dangerous instead of S6 and not worth the trade.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Thats not really that great, WS is basically a naff stat in 40k anyway losing 1 to 3 points is no major deal for anything that would be hurting a dread anyway. Atleast its still S8 and dangerous instead of S6 and not worth the trade.
    3 points on a power-fist Space Marine sergeant is the difference between being hit on a 4 and being hit on a 5. And even 1 point on said Sergeant is the difference between hitting on a 4 and hitting on a 3. So it's not bad at all, especially since, like you said, it's still Strength 8.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Connjurus View Post
    3 points on a power-fist Space Marine sergeant is the difference between being hit on a 4 and being hit on a 5. And even 1 point on said Sergeant is the difference between hitting on a 4 and hitting on a 3. So it's not bad at all, especially since, like you said, it's still Strength 8.
    This. Also the difference between something like a Carnifex hitting you, 5s instead of 4s if you roll a 3-4. The smilie might have been inappropriate. It's good but I didn't intend to come off as saying it was great or anything. It will still instant death marines/paladins - on that note, how do you paladins like being WS3 The applications of that are hilarious.
    If it is a free upgrade, I'd be happy to try one out - charge it into said Paladins, hopefully wither the effects, then hit them with a second unit. Bing bang boom. Again though, no model for Helbrute = no buy.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 09-24-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast