BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

My favourites are the dragon, warp talons and warp smith. The dragon especially I was worried would look too organic and mutated for my taste but it's definitely mechanical enough so I'm happy

Chapter-Master

I can't wait for these models to come out. It just agonises me that it will be at least another week and a half!

Chaplain

First of all, I am loving the Retro look for White Dwarf and look forward to it coming it. And the new model look interesting. I hope they put together smoothly...unlike the Ghost Ark....please don't be like the Ghost Ark....

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    First of all, I am loving the Retro look for White Dwarf and look forward to it coming it. And the new model look interesting. I hope they put together smoothly...unlike the Ghost Ark....please don't be like the Ghost Ark....
    Assembling the Ghost Ark is easy - it's painting the damned things that's a pain (usually have to put off assembly until you have painted them...).
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

No sir, I don't like it. Far too arsemahordes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

hmm i feel mixed

for once im not too sold on the PLASTIC techmarine. "but fuzz" you cant tell that its plastic!

why yes you can. easiest examples are SH termi's the LE chappy and the fantasy nurgle hero. look like metals but some things (lack of sharp(?) details) make it seem very plasticy. same with the raptors but i do like them (just not the paintjob)

as for the feinds i love the fleshy sort of one (that would really fit better in a daemon dex IMO) and im not 100% on the other one, for me daemon engines are dark mechanicus and CSM have VERY twisted versions of marine things. so say a thunderfire cannon but it has tentacles instead of treads. and a gaping maw whith the barrels sticking out. so im not 100% sold on the daemon engines.

on the other hand i just flat out hate the new flyer. it looks ridiculous, like a GI joe toy. guns inside the arms?! hah! so where are the pipes cables and hydraulics meant to go?

and the wings flat out wouldnt work. i know this is the land of the 16 termis in a LR but the LR looks like it could move: it has a engine and treads. even LSS have big engines. but this?

i wouldnt object to a daemon prince with a jetpack. or a stormraven that has things growing out of it.

or even a teezench prince with WINGS

but that thing looks fecking ridiculous.

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

Sorry to be "that guy" but can't help the feeling that I'm not really impressed personally, much prefered the Dark vengeance stuff - guess I was hoping for stuff that looked more warped and fleshy - these just arent twisted and horrific enough to me. The Maulerfiend is ok, but still think it should have more horror elements like exposed organs with tubes connecting into them ect. All needs more Carpenters The Thing influences imo.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Sergeant

I like the Warp Talons, Warp Smith, and I may like the Mauler fiend, the other two look a bit silly to me.

I wish GW would take more of a Forgeworld approach to some of their designs, and the fluff is getting too damn corny, quit retconing the things I loved!

I'm afraid I'm not sold either. Nothing against the models, I think the Warpsmith looks pretty cool and the daemon engines are ok. But that's it, they're ok. Looks like Privateer Press, Soda Pop and Reaper will be getting my monies for the foreseeable.
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Chapter-Master

Ok - I love it.

Chaos has never appealed to me. I've never liked "it's like the Imperium, but fugly." This, though, is the emergence of a real, distinct aesthetic. I'm kind of into it.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast