BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I love but hate how all this new stuff is being revealed at the UK GD. I went to the US GD this year and nothing new was shown and the only thing was an announcement the Forgeworld was doing HH.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Chapter-Master

Now you know How we feel with Games consoles

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Theyre a british company, they prefer to show off all the big stuff at home. Plus its much easier for them to drive the stuff down the road from Notts to Brum rsther than fly it internationally
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I saw the new Chaos Codex. I had a chat to Robin as I skimmed over it, but the main things I picked up were;

Cult units are back to Elites
    Cult units are moved to Troops by taking their signature character or a Lord or Sorceror with the right mark
    Daemon Princes with the right mark does not move Cult units back to troops
    You can only move units to Troops for your Primary Detachment - you can't do this for allies at all
    Abaddon moves Chosen to Troops
    They're moving towards putting Troops choices in a Codex before Elites as that makes things a lot easier layout wise - as you've got to have a HQ and two Troops, it makes sense for them to be first.
    Weapons and wargear have been split to Ranged Weapons, Melee Weapons, Daemonic Gifts and so on, so that things don't have to be listed over and over in multiple unit entries.
    There are some unique chaos artefacts which the devs were quite surprised "aren't all over the internet already". I spotted one which was a Scroll, possibly of Magnus...
    Posted above from this link: [url]http://the-responsible-one.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/games-day-2012-news-rumours-and.html[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Suprises me that there are rules for Horus and a model soon

Little disapointed how weak they are. Lorgar (one of the least combaty ones) kills the 888 point Khorne Demon. Magnus kills 2 Phantom Titans.
    They'll probably have a new Horus model/ruleset for the final battle, with him hopped up on Chaos to a much greater power-level.

On the note of them being "weak", think about how spectacular space marine protagonists are in the fiction. Killing hundreds of enemies alone, surviving getting stomped on by a titan, Terminator armour being depicted as literally impenetrable to small arms fire etc. The heros of the story are always rolling 6s - so it's strange kinda strange to see them on the tabletop, where they can fail a Dangerous Terrain test, bonk their head on the ground and pass-out :P. Considering that Eldar Avatars are sometimes shown to have a slight edge over Primarchs in combat, the rules are probably just about right, even a little strong.

Veteran-Sergeant

Nice one guys, all in all everyone's experience and impressions of the day seem to be 100% more positive than the dismal 'Dreadfleet con 2011' last year.
    Last edited by Lukas The Trickster; 09-23-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Iron Father

Just a quick question, how long after GD do FW start to release the pre-release books and models ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Ok, so I got to the venue at 8am and STILL WASN'T THE FIRST THERE!!! The whole queue pretty much stormed through entire venue to queue up at Forge World's stall, the GW staff all looked a bit bewildered.

Luckilly there were tons of HH books so even though I ended up about 400th in the queue I managed to get me a copy and some lovely terminators. I didn't get Angron. I did intend to but then figured that would be setting a dangerous precedent; buying them all at £50 each will come to £1000. I think I'll just get the Russ miniature and maybe the Big E if he comes along.

I got some pics but most of the best things have been posted up here already.

The one thing that made me weep tears of rage is Black Library's plan to release all HH novels in hardback in future. I would have been willing to defend them, saying they really are thinking of the fans with the extra art, etc, etc, but then I read this quote up on the poster: "We will also be releasing the entire back catalogue of Horus Heresy novels in this new format to allow you to complete your collection." At £17.99 a pop, I bet you're not just thinking of the fans BL... They released 5 HH books this year, no one ever buys 5 hard back books in a year, so good luck with that marketing strategy...

Rev

To be fair, I am the proverbial fool and his money.... But yeah, unlikely in the extrme I'd go for it. I not only want for space in my leetle flat, but I'm not all that fussed for Hardback.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

While I agree with your thinking regarding why they've done, some people do . But yeah it annoys me cause my collection is going to either look mismatched, or I'm going to have to wait ¬_¬

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast