BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Actually...they are all Mastery 1

They can just buy an upgrade to level 2
    At least your psykers can be higher than level 1
    Cerri, do you English?

Your head Psyker is level 3, mine is level 1. He's the freakin' Chief Librarian! There should be a Psyker in the Dark Angels who is more powerful than freakin' level 1!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I'm sorry that the most powerful pysker thats ever lived is classed a higher mastery level than your little Mon-Keigh book boy.

But remember - he's Mastery 2, just becomes 3 from Wargear. So most power pysker ever is equal in level to a Librarian with an Epistolary. And a lower level than Mephiston
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Cerri, do you English?

Your head Psyker is level 3, mine is level 1. He's the freakin' Chief Librarian! There should be a Psyker in the Dark Angels who is more powerful than freakin' level 1!
    GW is just telling you, the Dark Angels should not be messing with the Warp!

*cough* Sevrin Loth *cough*

We "mon-keigh" have willpower, something that you clearly lack.

*cough* Slaanesh *cough*
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    *cough* Sevrin Loth *cough*

We "mon-keigh" have willpower, something that you clearly lack.

*cough* Slaanesh *cough*
    The only "Mon-Keigh" with willpower are Grey Knights....the rest of you are just heretics waiting to happen.

And I am going to admit I have not played my Eldar in 6th yet, but I hoped to see people using Swooping Hawks for the haywire grenades but I guess they are still too soft for play.

Chapter-Master

A 5 man unit of Hawks should wreck just about any vehicle now. Its just keeping them alive long enough to do so

And willpower? Didn't over 50% of the legions fall to chaos?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

My new favourite trick with the eldar book.

Take a 10 man wraith guard squad, warlock has conceal for the 5+ cover, add in karandas, he has stealth which is now confered to the unit so they have a constant 4+ cover in the open. The Phoenix lord also has infiltrate, which is confered to the squad so that you can deploy the wraith guard 18" from the enemy for a first turn bang.

If you have any friends at all after this, try adding eldrad, knowing 4 divination powers and being able to use 3 a turn, or use 2 powers while performing one power twice, will make a very disgusting death-star.

But wait!

Thanks to this huge squad all counting as one unit for deployment purposes. Deploy normally, and let your opponent deploy normally, and then with eldrads redeploy rule, move the death squad to 18 inches away. And then laugh, and enjoy your last ever game with that particular opponent

Veteran-Sergeant

My Eldar army list has stayed the same, Banshees are a little worse but I still use them and still don't bother with any other heavy support choice other than Wraithlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Night System View Post
    Take a 10 man wraith guard squad, warlock has conceal for the 5+ cover, add in karandas, he has stealth which is now confered to the unit so they have a constant 4+ cover in the open. The Phoenix lord also has infiltrate, which is confered to the squad so that you can deploy the wraith guard 18" from the enemy for a first turn bang.
    Hate to tell you but that's all illegal. Exarch powers only apply to aspect warrior squads, and Karandras' stealth rule--though not an Exarch power-- specifies it only applies to Striking Scorpions.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Night System View Post
    My new favourite trick with the eldar book.

If you have any friends at all after this, try adding eldrad, knowing 4 divination powers and being able to use 3 a turn, or use 2 powers while performing one power twice, will make a very disgusting death-star.

But wait!

Thanks to this huge squad all counting as one unit for deployment purposes. Deploy normally, and let your opponent deploy normally, and then with eldrads redeploy rule, move the death squad to 18 inches away. And then laugh, and enjoy your last ever game with that particular opponent
    That is evil and deadly....and I will have to try it....wow, that is a scary unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Hate to tell you but that's all illegal. Exarch powers only apply to aspect warrior squads, and Karandras' stealth rule--though not an Exarch power-- specifies it only applies to Striking Scorpions.
    Oh snap! Never mind! Phoenix lords are then not as awesome! I was hoping you could mix and match them but oh well.
    Last edited by celestialatc; 09-10-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Adding Archon's quote.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast