BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    Read the rules for heavy vehicles again -- Don't worry no one's probably read them yet, cos they didn't apply to anything till now.

So, the Leman Russ can move up to 6" and fire all its weapons at BS 3

The only thing its lost from its previous functionality was the ability to move D6+6" and fire nothing. Which is not a big loss, really.

So, all fear the Emperor's wrath as great squadrons of Leman Russes sweep the battlefields of the 41st Millennium!

I think there's a rules problem here-under vehicles it states that vehicles with Ordinance weapons may only snap fire if they move (pg 71). The section on Heavy Vehicles really doesn't address if this doesn't apply to heavies. (I want it to NOT apply-but that's just me). So it could be argued that regular Russ's (Russi? Russes?) and Demolishers get hosed but I really am thinking of all-plasma Executioners for Terminator-hunting.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    GK
    Paladin squads aren't all characters
    Where was this? I couldn't find it.

BTW, Dreadknights can take their Greatsword and keep the Str 10 from the Doomfists/Hammer while still getting rerolls to hit/wound/penetrate.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    They should really be classified as spears or have separate rules, not to mention they would be pointless in the GK codex if they were axes as hammers are so cheap.
    Yeah, but Spears don't have a force-weapon equivalent for... some reason?

Ahh, not sure there. Someone who even slightly knows what they're doing with a longer weapon will use footwork to maintain distance and, therefore, the advantage in initiative throughout the fight.
    Somewhat, but that'd be counter-acted by a half-competent enemy also knowing what they're doing and working to maintain a distance that inconveniences a halberd-wielder. "If I want to stab, I need to be close. If I want to not get stabbed, I also need to be close!" The Imp Guard Roughriders do have a decent representation of a stabby-stick, though.

And I think the issue about the Termie Librarian is a bit of a furphy. That model shouldn't even be in a GK army; it is clearly not a grey knight. It annoys me so much to see it in a GK army in WD, and it's in every ******* one
    It's not just in WD - that model's all over the place in the GK 'dex to. Maybe it'll get replaced in the next 'dex, maybe not.

Oh wait, just remembered the model has a force staff, not a force halberd
    Yeah, but he has the option to upgrade to a force halberd, and now vanilla Librarians have access to a force "halberd" as well. Hence, weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    I think there's a rules problem here-under vehicles it states that vehicles with Ordinance weapons may only snap fire if they move (pg 71). The section on Heavy Vehicles really doesn't address if this doesn't apply to heavies. (I want it to NOT apply-but that's just me). So it could be argued that regular Russ's (Russi? Russes?) and Demolishers get hosed but I really am thinking of all-plasma Executioners for Terminator-hunting.
    Yeah, I just realised that reading the comments on the article on the main page

Dammit, if GW rules worked like M:TG rules, that rule on p. 71 wouldn't matter. Really, as those two sentences are one paragraph, you could argue that the Demolisher can fire all it's weapons fine, even on the move.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post

BTW, Dreadknights can take their Greatsword and keep the Str 10 from the Doomfists/Hammer while still getting rerolls to hit/wound/penetrate.
    Darklink, it's in the FAQ for the basic rule book. Just search paladins or Nobs and you will find it.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Main rulebook FAQ, the part where they expressed that paladins are now unit type Infantry.

Page 410 – Reference, Profile, Codex: Grey Knights, Paladins.
    Change unit type to Infantry.
    then:

Page 413 - Reference, Profiles

Add the following Designer’s Note:.

Designers Note: Wolf Guard, Nobz, Nobz Warbikers, and Crisis
    Shas’vre that lead a unit (for example an Ork Nob leading Ork
    Boyz, a Wolf Guard leading Grey Hunters) have the unit type
    Infantry (Character).

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Somewhat, but that'd be counter-acted by a half-competent enemy also knowing what they're doing and working to maintain a distance that inconveniences a halberd-wielder. "If I want to stab, I need to be close. If I want to not get stabbed, I also need to be close!" The Imp Guard Roughriders do have a decent representation of a stabby-stick, though.
    I've done enough training with sticks and shorter sticks to know it sucks to get the short stick

I've done enough training with sticks and shorter sticks to know it sucks to get the short stick
    Bo vs. Hanbo? Keep in mind in this case both combatants are armoured, and only a segment of the halberd is capable of significant damage, unlike fighting with staffs (well, leverage comes into play here, but that analysis is getting a bit in depth).
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 09-07-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Chapter-Master

Personally, I'm still going crazy over the 2+ save that my fast Tau skimmers can get if they are equipped with disruption pods. That makes, say, a squad of tetras nice and hard to kill while they zip around the board, waiting for a likely target to unload their markerlights upon. The 3+ save my tanks can get, so long as they keep moving, isn't bad either.

And the return of Target Locks is nice, too.
    Last edited by ElectricPaladin; 09-07-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Chapter-Master

This one made me laugh, because I remember the depressing lack of understanding of math in the thread arguing over this:

Q: The rulebook says that you halve your Attacks characteristic ifyou perform a attack. However, if a Monstrous Creature has
    an uneven number of Attacks, (3 for example), but has charged that
    turn, does it receive the bonus Attack for charging before or after
    halving its Attacks? (p42)
    A: You halve the model’s Attacks characteristic first, then
    apply any additional modifiers. In the example above, the
    model would halve its Attacks first (rounding up to 2), then
    receive a bonus Attack for charging.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast