BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Awesome Vendettas are Awesome :-)

I had a good fun, closely faught blood bath last night... blobby hoard guard with 2 pairs of outflanking sentinels and 2x vendettas vs a DE venom-spam list...

The highlight I feel I should report to the world is the awesome performance of my new vendetta squadron in their 1st battle (the above mentioned 2x vendettas):

Army list has an astropath so they should come in on a 2+ in turn 2...

Opponant however has rolled on the stategic section of the warlord traits and got the one that makes my reserve rolls -1, so I am back to normal with that
    [1/6 chance of that]

Turn 2 reserve roll, need a 3... get a 2
    [1/3 chance of that]

Turn 3 reserve roll, need a 2... get a 1
    [1/6 chance of that]

Turn 4 finally on the table... look to toast a Venom with wytches in that is coming for my objective...
    (looks like overkill, but that I feel that it is currently the biggest threat)
    On average, after jink saves, I think I should do 3 glancing hits
    I get nothing, not even 1 :-)

Turn 5... try to shoot a raveger, On average, after jink saves, I think I should do 2 glancing hits...
    Again nothing :-) 1 dies to shooting

Turn 6... try to shoot some troops near the objective, I think in cover...
    Again nothing... Game ends :-)

I bet no-one has ever done that 'well' with a pair of vendettas ever :-)

Still, they do look lovely

Wait, are you being sarcastic?

I'm actually not sure if the +1 reserves is that great a choice now. Given one of the vendetta's roles is likely to be anti-flyer, you may want it to come on slightly later so it has a better chance to shoot first.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Wait, are you being sarcastic?
    Oh yes :-)

They did so awfuly I thought it was a funny story to share...

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    I'm actually not sure if the +1 reserves is that great a choice now. Given one of the vendetta's roles is likely to be anti-flyer, you may want it to come on slightly later so it has a better chance to shoot first.
    TBH the astropath was more for the outflanking re-rolls, which were critical for getting my sentinels and penal legion on the best table edge...

I like to get EVERYTHING on the table ASAP to flood the opponant's target priority thinking...

"I need to wear down that ma-hosive blob on his objective... no, I need to bosh that flyer... no, I need to stop those outflankers doing naughty things to my troops by my objective... AAARGH too many choices"

well, that is what happens when it works anyway :-)

Just FYI, reserves come in on a 3+ on both turns 2 and 3. It goes Turn 1:No reserves, Turn 2: 3+, Turn 3: 3+, Turn 4: Auto.

Scout

Yeah it's much easier in 6th to get them on, the Astro and Fleet Officer seem wasted now with the Warlord Strategic traits nowdays. This was a one-off bad show by the Vendettas though, normally they do much MUCH better!
    Last edited by jjakaalbinoboy; 09-14-2012 at 06:23 AM.
    JJ - WH40K: Eldar & Imperial Guard - WHFB: Warriors of Chaos - BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar

Brother-Sergeant

My question as a fellow guard player is this: Why are you running your Vendettas as a squadron? They do far better flying solo. I have never squadroned my two. (third under construction and paintshop) I would much rather have them each able to target individually than have to fire at the same target. Running solo they can fire at the same target if need be, but are far more flexible solo.

running them in singles is something i am going to try....

i had a bunch of out flanking sentinels in that list so they had to run together