BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What do you think of the WHFB Basing Kit?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

8 29.63%
  • Good

10 37.04%
  • Okay

5 18.52%
  • Not worth it

4 14.81%
    Chaplain

Question Citadel Warhammer Basing Kit

So, GW recently released the Warhammer Basing Kit:

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1510402&prodId=prod2400 01a"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1510402&prodId=prod2400 01a[/URL]

Now, a question has entered my mind: Is it worth getting?
    No doubt other WHFB collectors will be eyeing up the kit, so, voila! A poll to determine its worth!
    Last edited by Kieranator K82; 10-07-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Chaplain

I don't own it yet, but I'll definitely be picking up at least one. I plan on using most of it for terrain decor and rubble.

I'm iffy on the 40K version, though.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Thumbs up

I've got the 40k one and it's pretty decent. They're not as tight with the resin bits as i was expecting - you get loads of them and they are quite varied in design. The brass details are a bit bland though, but they do the job when it comes to spicing up the bases.

I think they look ok but I personally use the Spectre Hobbies and Terrain Forge kits. I won the Terrain Forge Kit at a tourney right after I bought the Spectre Hobbies one. Granted neither has the brass but I can always pick one up of stuff I need from the local hobby store.

Veteran-Sergeant

Looks cool but haven't got it yet

Veteran-Sergeant

It is expensive, but it really is nice to be able to add just a dab of flair to a character model without too much work. I wish they would replace the tubs of slate with some more resin, though. The brass etchings are a little more difficult to use and limited in scope. I would have loved something like the Forgeworld patterns, but I'll eventually use the leaves, I imagine.

I think the 40k one had too many 40mm base pieces and they could not fit as many into the tubs. The Fantasy one had a lot more pieces.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have both. They're OK, nothing earth shattering. If you have an extensive bitz box, it amounts to the same thing.