BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

you know at least i keep trying and i dont think i have to take 2 ig troops just one i am just looking at options and some stuff that might be fun to play with
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

You want some heavy firepower for your Dark Angels but your codex is found wanting? Forgeworld has the answer!
    [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space-Marine-Support/SPACE_MARINE_RAPIER_LASER_DESTROYER.html[/url]
    WH40k approved, 3 S9 AP2 Ordnance TL shots at 36". And for the cheap price of only 180 points! The crew are even boltgun-armed space marines, so it's a tough unit to boot.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by sangrail777 View Post
    I'll make fun of you all day long "thelion"
    really tanks? lol
    No really they got it right bro, ya can't just take a sq. of tanks. You'd have to take an HQ and 2 troops first. I really think your own codex can support your deathwing. You just gotta take some basic troops.
    You always say how Dark Angels are a shooty army, but you've only tried that aproach once or twice. Use your tacs to set up an outer cordon, and send your deathwing in the center.
    Keep asking questions though cuz I think it will help you. And you need help!

(I'm only giving thelion crap cuz I'm the guy that beats him every weekend.)
    HQ and one troop, actually.

Good cheap IG troops? Vet squad with a Commisar or Primaris Psyker both work quite well. Leman Russ Tanks are OK, but a better option for crowd control might be 2-3 Hellhounds in a squadron, thanks to their awesome weapons and inability to miss vs. most targets. They will definitely prove to be more cost effective.

Oh, and don't forget about Vendetta Gunships. Flyers are great, and IG flyers are even better. 3 Twin-Linked lascannons apiece for less than 140 points each? You can get three of these for the cost of two and a half Russ tanks, and often they'll be more effective over the course of the game. Plus they will give you that critical anti-air support as your opponents start to add flyers to their armies.

Be aware, mass-flyer lists are possible but often very un-fun to play against. Bring them only to WAAC competitive events, not to normal table games, unless your opponent knows your intention and has no complaints.

Chaplain

So far I've ruled the skies in our games. depending on my list/army I run 2 thunderbolts, or 2 hell blades, 2 dakkajets, etc etc.
    The skies are mine.

Good point about the one HQ and one Troop though. But honestly I see him play he needs more then a simple vet squad an HQ and a few tanks can do. The Valks might be nice, but it depends how he'd play them.

He really needs about 3 somethings packing big guns that can reach out and touch you and have 2 tac sq's to stay back and defend these guns.

(I like LEMT's idea)

and thelion I've never knocked you for trying (just for whinning)
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Brother-Sergeant

Sounds like he needs some flyers of his own, or a few hydras. I always thought Deathwing/Ravenwing hybrids were the way DA's are supposed roll. All Deathwing sounds powerful on paper, but doesn't seem too tactically flexible to me. Never played against them so honestly wouldn't know.

Note that what I proposed isn't useful versus flyers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by da_WaaaghMaster View Post
    Sounds like he needs some flyers of his own, or a few hydras. I always thought Deathwing/Ravenwing hybrids were the way DA's are supposed roll. All Deathwing sounds powerful on paper, but doesn't seem too tactically flexible to me. Never played against them so honestly wouldn't know.
    they have some power to them but they do tend to flounder since we normal play team games i can rely one my partner for some support for them but yea i do need to find something to help them. im most likley going to stay in my codex for this but i have just ben looking at all of my options
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12