BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Question so at the risk of asking a stupid question

so at the risk of asking a stupid question i was wondering if someone could explain to me how the new alleys rule works in 6th ed? the reason i ask is i have been told that i do not suport my death wing army well so while i have been looking through my own codex for an answer to this question i am at this point wondering if it would be possible and at the same time useful/ a good idea to include a sqd of leman russ battel tanks to my army inorder to give them some rolling back up?
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

Chapter-Master

There's a chart of who can ally with whom in the rulebook.

If you can ally with someone, you can take some units from their codex in a second mini-force org chart, with 1 HQ, 0-1 Elites, 1-2 Troops, 0-1 FA, and 0-1 Heavy Support. You can't ally with yourself.

There are 4 levels of allies:
    Battle Brothers: The allied units basically count as being part of your army for all intents and purposes, except allied units can't use your regular army's transports, and vise versa.

Allies of Convenience: The allied units count as enemies, so you can't cast friendly psychic powers on them or join your ICs with them, but you can't target them with shooting attacks or similar.

Desperate Allies: Allies of Convenience, but in addition if a regular unit is within 6" of an allied unit, you have to roll a D6 and on a '6'*, that unit can't do anything.

Forget what the last is called, but the point is you can't ally with that army.

*Check that, this is from memory.

If you take a second FOC at 2000+ points, you can take a second allied detachment of the same army as your first allied detachment.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Yup, DarkLink's got it right. Note that the "roll for derping out" attached to Desperate Allies takes place at the beginning of the Movement Phase.

Deathwing often suffer from a lack of numbers and problems against hordes and parking lot armies, right? The Imperial Guard would probably be a good ally in that case.

Veteran-Sergeant

ok so what you are saying is that in order to take a min force org from the there special force org chart for them. in other words i cant just add a sqd of ig tanks to my deathwing i have to have a min thankyou for your help guys

Chapter-Master

yeah you need a 'primarus psycher' a vet squad and then some IG tanks.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Veteran-Sergeant

why are you suggesting a primarus psycher? i was thinking more of a lord comassiar?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by thelion View Post
    why are you suggesting a primarus psycher?
    Good question. I'm curious too. Maybe for anti-psyker defense? Do you use libby's? Or is the Primaris Psyker the guards cheapest HQ? Not that familiar with their codex.

Veteran-Sergeant

to be honest i dont use alot of hq choices i usuly only have one in there and i kinda have to have that one you see i play a death wing army (go ahead make fun of me everyone i know dose till i hit them with 30 terms on the death wing assault) but i tend to lean twords the Chaplin if i have a second hq choice in there

Chaplain

I'll make fun of you all day long "thelion"
    really tanks? lol
    No really they got it right bro, ya can't just take a sq. of tanks. You'd have to take an HQ and 2 troops first. I really think your own codex can support your deathwing. You just gotta take some basic troops.
    You always say how Dark Angels are a shooty army, but you've only tried that aproach once or twice. Use your tacs to set up an outer cordon, and send your deathwing in the center.
    Keep asking questions though cuz I think it will help you. And you need help!

(I'm only giving thelion crap cuz I'm the guy that beats him every weekend.)
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Chaplain

As far as psykers go, we don't use them much in our games, at least to not much effect. We've had issues of allies killlng psykers with vindicators. So sad, it was my psyker dread that took the round.
    And I keep killing my opponents psykers in round one or two, mostly by "lucky"/"unlucky" drifting rolls. Honestly I've killed more psykers by mistake then on purpose.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast