BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    The Dark Mechanic

GW stores still can't talk about this till it's officially posted up for Advance Order on the GW website, but I'm planning to be at our local Battle Bunker in Bowie, MD when Dark Vengeance gets posted for sale about 7 PM Eastern Time this coming Friday night. I definitely want the limited edition set with the Interrogator Chaplain model as does my son. We may buy multiple sets and want to support our local store so long as that's a GW Direct item anyway. I'm sure the Battle Bunker will have some fun release related events the following Saturday, September 1 too. I'll share that once they've been announced.

Follow GW Bowie here for a list of events, address and store hours info. They are open till 10 PM on Fridays and Saturdays.
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/GWBowie[/url]

And a good sized chunk of my Dark Angels army is now on display at the Bowie Battle Bunker along with some of my other projects so if you stop by please check them out.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Would have been nice to see the TDA in dressing gowns, maybe in the new release. I think these sculpts though may indicate that's not the case.

A watcher in the dark in the set would have been cool too, as an objective maybe.
    You hit the nail on the head, GW really had a chance to flesh out the DA as a seperate chapter and really infuse character into their chapter from previous editions and moving into this new one. So that leaves one logical conclusion, Ward is writing the fluff.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by CouchViking View Post
    You hit the nail on the head, GW really had a chance to flesh out the DA as a seperate chapter and really infuse character into their chapter from previous editions and moving into this new one. So that leaves one logical conclusion, Ward is writing the fluff.
    Or like I said previously it'll be in the shiny DW box they release with the codex perhaps?
    Most of the current DA players will have TDA already so they need to do something to make us buy it and just look at the SW ones. I know people who bought tons of that stuff, I kind of hope ward is writing thte dex. Rules wise it should be good and his fluff is progressively getting more bearable!
    Anyways not long to wait till we find out with a rumoured November(?) release. Which is good as my other armies are SoB and Wood Elves, GW needs to gimme something new and shiny it's been too long!

Brother-Sergeant

Don't get me wrong, Ward's rules are rock solid if not a little OP but then Kelly did put in TWC and runic weapons for the SW. I personally dind some of his fluff a little wanting in his space marine books however I enjoyed the heck out of the necron dex. Your right about waiting till the DA dex acctually drops and the minis with it before I make any assumptions though.

Veteran-Sergeant

Oh my blood god. 8-o

Iron Father

I like Wards rule writing, a lot. With 6th edition my Space marines are loving games right now. I don't even mind his fluff.

*ducks head in expectation of the backlash*
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I like Wards rule writing, a lot. With 6th edition my Space marines are loving games right now. I don't even mind his fluff.

*ducks head in expectation of the backlash*
    I like his rules AND his fluff. Some may consider me a fan of it.

BRING IT WORLD. COME AT ME BRO.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I like his rules AND his fluff. Some may consider me a fan of it.

BRING IT WORLD. COME AT ME BRO.
    Same here.

There's stuff like Draigo that's pretty darn over the top - but those are the exceptions rather than the rules...and 40k is a galaxy that runs on hyperbole anyway.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940