Hey guys, I'm a relatively new WHFB player and I've started High Elves recently.
I love the look and feel of the models, as well as the cooler monsters - the Dragons are awesome!
I started with Island of Blood (and I'm also hopefully going to be able to trade the Skaven from the box for another person's Island of Blood High Elves), and I have also purchased a box of Dragon Princes, a High Elf Lord and BSB, and a box of Spearmen.

The usual points limit in my local area is 2000 points, and I'll be quite honest; I have absolutely no idea what I am going to run, or what I want to run. I'm very much open to any and all unit suggestions.
These are the models I own at the moment;

LORDS/HEROES
High Elf Lord on Horse, High Elf Hero with Battle Standard, High Elf Mage/Archmage, High Elf Lord on Griffon

CORE
26 Lothern Sea Guard

SPECIAL
10 Sword Masters, 5 Dragon Princes, 5 Ellyrian Reavers, 2 Phoenix Guard (lol)

If I am able to trade the Skaven I have for another persons High Elves, I'll end up with 36 Sea Guard, two Archmage/Mages, two Lords on Griffons, 20 Sword Masters and 10 Ellyrian Reavers.
Each unit I've assembled so far has a full command. I've been told quite repeatedly to get more core; are Sea Guard good to work with or are they too expensive for what they do?
I'm really not very cluey on the way Fantasy works; I know there aren't really 'squads' and mostly you have big blocks of each unit you have. My issue is working out numbers and when each unit is big enough to expand into a separate unit.
I was hoping I could get some suggestions as to what kind of army list I could potentially make from all of that, what units/models I should purchase, etc.
Some units I would like to include or have (i.e. different ones from what I have above) are; Dragons, Teclis, Tyrion, White Lions, Phoenix Guard.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!