BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Panxer View Post
    I LIKE the current suits! Yeh they're boxy coming out of the box, but add a little imagination, some bits and glue and POW you've got some serious looking mecha ready to jump all over the board!

IMO, it doesn't need a new kit, just modelers with some imagination and drive! Ok, lotsa bits help too...
    now what we need is a plastic kit of the XV88 or xv9, maybe keep the 88 for broadsides as they look [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tau/TAU-BATTLESUITS-AND-DRONES/XV88-2-BROADSIDE-WITH-SMART-MISSILE-SYSTEM.html"]AMAZING![/URL]
    its £24 to buy GW broadside now, with the finecast bits being listed as an upgrade for one suit (£9 for upgrade, £15.50 for suit). once the stocks of the standard broadside (£18.50) are gone thats it...... id rather put the extra £4 in and get the FW one that looks sweet.

i would prefer my 'elite' crisis suits to look like the xv9 style as they look more [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tau/TAU-BATTLESUITS-AND-DRONES/TAU-XV9-04-WITH-PHASED-ION-GUNS.html"]'Elite'[/URL] than the normal xv8 model, and can see them being more scout ahead ducking from cover to cover ripping holes in enemy lines and tanks
    Last edited by Cpt Codpiece; 08-03-2012 at 10:05 AM.

This in one of mine. I haven't updated it since I've touched him up. But it's a fair example of what can be done with just a little imagination, a box full of bits, a lot of glue, and a serious love of robots...

[url]http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/241841-Tau%20commander.html[/url]
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=21357[/url]

These are come XV15 stealth suits I converted from XV25's, FW torsos, pig iron heads...

IMO: The kits don't need to be reworked... some people just need to buy some imagination or dynamic pose upgrades at their local game store...

Has anyone got any XV88 vent bits they want to trade for. I converted some XV88's with some paulson miniature bits and need something to cover the back jet packs to make them look more beefy...
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

Librarian

great conversions Panxer.

but the fact remains you still have to do some serious conversion work.

all the current crisis suits 'need' is separate articualted joints like the FW ones, its an easy fix... one i have done with my own crisis suits a few years ago now. the weapons are fine... but if the dex brings new guns then we will obviously need them as a FC set will be about the same cost as the suit (just like the broadside)

the broadsides i have never liked and no matter how many conversions i see the railguns just look silly..... then the smexxy FW ones just look sweeeeet. they could be done in plastic, look at the SW terminators and the assault cannon.

i like the stealth suits, and i think most people do also. so no probs there, though some plastic/FC 15s would be nice, even though the old metal ones are still nice minis, hell a direct only set would be cool.

but in truth i think GW will want to recut the die for the CS, at present it is a clumsy sprue, that in places is really thick... wasting plastic. just look at some of the new CAD stuff they are doing these days, we could have so much more.

Brother-Sergeant

The current suits redone? That sucks, I really like the current ones. People can get different suits from FW anyway. Maybe have 2 model options for them? Probably wouldn't happen though.

Battle-Brother

Last edited by Fortunato; 08-04-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Panxer View Post
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=21357[/url]

These are come XV15 stealth suits I converted from XV25's, FW torsos, pig iron heads...
    I really like your Tachikoma conversion! Pure awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    I really like your Tachikoma conversion! Pure awesomeness!
    Thanks! I use them as Drone Sentry Turrets. The FW models looked uninspired, so I thought I could do better.

So I did.

Fly Lord

OP updated with latest info.

Stickmonkey (11-28-2012)
    Tau UBER-suit
    AV:11/11/11
    Hullpoints:2
    Dual (not linked) Rail Cannons
    Missile Launcher
    Interceptor/Skyfire
    Many upgrade options including Stealth

BONUS Tasty Morsel:
    Markerlights gain the ability to grant Skyfire.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

I wonder what slot it falls into.

Wouldn't it be awesome if it could be HQ?

I'm... intrigued. AV 11 is pretty fragile, but with Stealth and sticking to cover (assuming it's a Walker, which it probably is)... it could work.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast