BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

I <3 my Warp Hunter

I was bummed to realize the other night that Barrage weapons always scatter the full 2d6'' now, even in LoS, but the plus is it seems all barrage weapons can opt to fire directly now, not just ordnance barrage. It makes sense I suppose, with the new allocation rules Barrage weapons can be crazy effective at sniping individual models. I still think Warp Hunters are the best heavy support tank available to Eldar.

Though, I'm not so sure on the Warp Hunter glancing on the 2. In IA11 the two different entries have the rule worded two different ways. The Corsair one glances on a 3-4, the Craftworld one says it glances on a 2-4. Obviously normal D-cannons and Wraithcannons only glance on a 3-4, but the Dark Eldar Reaper's haywire weapon penetrates on a 5+ instead of just a 6, so it could be they intended the Warp Hunter to be better. Either way, IA11 has way too many typos and editing errors.

Librarian

I believe you still get to subtract your BS when you have LoS. The barrage rules state that when firing indirectly (where you don't have LoS) you do not subtract BS.

I have seen this rule questioned in several threads, and thus have created a new thread just for barrage.
    If anyone has any input on Barrage, please add it to my thread instead of this one (so we can stay on topic).

I have to say I like the hull points w/eldar,Khain knows I mostly harmlessly glanced the crap outta vehicles in 5th with all the str 6shots.Always had fun w/the warp spiders and let any vehicle get near a few wraithgaurd,its hard not to kill it.I agree,love the Warp Hunter and felt I had to lay off playing it all the time(sometimes I feel guilty playing FW stuff,it's strange.)Sad the singing spear surprise got nerfed.

Did anyone figure out if runes of warding stack now w/the whole "enemies roll +1 die"replacing "roll 3d6"errata?Didn't seem right to me but I keep seeing it discussed.Especially the Apocolypse-"roll your Ld on 14d6!"lol..who would do that to someone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12