BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default New Eldar antitank tactic.

Been playing around with my Eldar lately and the only weakness at first with 6th I had was longer ranged anti tank. With hull points it was taking too long to kill vehicles. Instead of keeping my fire prisms. I dropped them. In their place I added in warp spiders and swooping hawks. In conjunction with the autarch you're all but guaranteed to have both units come in the second turn. With only needing 3 glances on most vehicles, these two units working in conjunction seem to work very well at glancing vehicles to death.

Yes, you don't get your haywire grenades the first turn but anything except land raiders can be dropped by the warp spiders if you're hitting side/rear armor. By second turn you'll be hitting these most of the times anyways.

Anyone else have successs with using these two units in conjunction?

not the two in conjunction; however, the warp spiders are working nicely alone, without the autarch. vehicles just aren't as safe to use anymore.

I haven't had an opportunity to try them yet in 6th, but even in 5th Spiders performed admirably as multipurpose anti-infantry/light vehicle killers. With hullpoints and the loss of the AP - penalty, I'd expect they'll perform even better than before.

Actually one Swooping Hawk can use the throw grenade instead of shooting.

So with the Exarch being the individual you would hit on a 2+ and then all you need is another 2+.

You can very quickly put Glances on vehicles using this tactic.

Vibro cannons work well. Use pairs of them, and you will get a couple of glances per turn.
    The D-Cannons are st10 AP2. So they will kill something on a 5+. With the new barrage templates not needing the center on the target, they are alot meaner as well.

Veteran-Sergeant

My fire prism has been working just fine. With the new terrain rules I can always find something big for it to hide behind and get at least 4+ cover, then the rest of it is keeping the enemy as far as possible. I also use a wraithlord with a bright lance that can be very effective, and reapers on a quad gun that rip through everything with low av.

I do want to try adding a ravager to my list, with prescience that thing can be nasty!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mephistonsrage View Post
    Vibro cannons work well. Use pairs of them, and you will get a couple of glances per turn.
    The D-Cannons are st10 AP2. So they will kill something on a 5+. With the new barrage templates not needing the center on the target, they are alot meaner as well.
    D-cannons have always been effective over the whole template as there is no "half strength" of Str X. They are not Str 10. They glance on a 3+, pen on a 5+ regardless of target AV.

In fact they got ret-nerfed because now all other blast markers are just as effective.

Chapter-Master

I still swear by Warp Hunters

D Cannons, glance on 2+, Pen on 5+, Wound on 2+, ID on 6, 5" template, barrage and AP2. Can also be a template weapon.

With glancing on 2+ they're like a 5" Haywire blast

And if you really want haywire fun, get the Reaper from FW as DE allies. S7 hit, and then D3 haywire hits. If you hit, you've got a 33% of smoking any vehicle with 3 HP in one shot.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I still swear by Warp Hunters

D Cannons, glance on 2+, Pen on 5+, Wound on 2+, ID on 6, 5" template, barrage and AP2. Can also be a template weapon.

With glancing on 2+ they're like a 5" Haywire blast

And if you really want haywire fun, get the Reaper from FW as DE allies. S7 hit, and then D3 haywire hits. If you hit, you've got a 33% of smoking any vehicle with 3 HP in one shot.
    Oh that's just mean.

Im using the D cannon (T7 makes them awesome!) for anti everything when they close in my lines, with spiders, hawks, and scorpions in their backfield messing with their dudes. They stay in the back then your getting harassed enough to do a good bit of damage. If you move forward dire avengers and D cannons take care of what the aspects don't. Seems to work pretty well so far.

Chapter-Master

Warp hunters are *so* good that I've had to stop using them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast