BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by ksoh75 View Post
    Very cool!! I'm basically going to use a PGK themed army. I was reading about how nasty a Libbi is but I want to use him more geared towards my Pallies then anything.

So spending the ectra 50pts on a Dragowing army is not too important to me.

HOWEVER.....I think purifiers are a bit more important then purgation squads.....being the fact that they have clensing flame...so if they get assualted.....then all would be attackers need to make a 4+ save or c-ya.....

As much as I like Astral Aim....I'm not sure if shooting to death an army is more worth it then a free kill on a 4+ before I eat you up with my Halberds.....
    Divination has a Astral Aim type power. Well it ignores cover saves instead of ignore LOS but it's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    Divination has a Astral Aim type power. Well it ignores cover saves instead of ignore LOS but it's pretty awesome.
    Although, ignore cover + astral aim would mean that they could fire at a unit without line of sight and not grant them cover!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    Although, ignore cover + astral aim would mean that they could fire at a unit without line of sight and not grant them cover!
    Holy crap.......that would........BUT.....I retweaked my list and since purifiers are cheaper in points the purg.......I would have to eliminate someting else.....I even managed to give my DK a Psycannon.....

See below tweaked....

1850 Pts - Grey Knights Roster - GKLib1850list

HQ: 1 Lord Kaldor Draigo @ 275 pts
    TROOPS: (Psybolt Ammunition)
    4 Paladin (Nemesis Force Halberd)
    1 Paladin (Master-craft Nemesis Weapon(s); MC Nemesis Daemonhammer)
    1 Stormraven Gunship (Searchlight; Twin-Linked Multi-melta)

Troops: Paladin Squad
    HQ: 1 Librarian (Servo-skulls x2; Quicksilver; The Shrouding; The Summoning; Master 3)
    1 Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
    1 Paladin (Master-craft Nemesis Weapon(s); MC Nemesis Daemonhammer)

Elite:
    1 Purifier Squad
    1 Knight of the Flame (Master-craft Storm Bolter; Nemesis Force Halberd)
    4 Purifier (Psycannon)
    5 Purifier (Nemesis Force Halberd)

Heavy Support: Nemesis Dreadknight
    (Personal Teleporter; Heavy Psycannon)

Total Roster Cost: 1848

Chaplain

OK...worked in the master 3 Libby in points with Purgation Squad.....mwhahahahhaa

1850 Pts - Grey Knights Roster - GKLib1850listv2

Fast Attack:
    HQ: 1 Lord Kaldor Draigo
    Troops: 1 Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
    1 Paladin (Nemesis Daemonhammer)
    1 Stormraven Gunship (Twin-Linked Multi-melta)

Troops: Paladin Squad
    1 Librarian (Quicksilver; The Shrouding; The Summoning, Master 3)
    1 Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
    1 Paladin (Nemesis Daemonhammer)

Heavy Support: Nemesis Dreadknight
    1 Nemesis Dreadknight (Personal Teleporter)

Heavy Support: Purgation Squad x2
    1 Justicar
    4 Grey Knights (Psycannon)

Total Roster Cost: 1850

Chaplain

ok any thoughts on the last 2 lists??

You lose a lot of your libbys potential if you dont take 3x offensive + 3x defensive psychic skills (because you can use 3x power in your turn, and then 3x power in enemys turn)

Unless you are always going to activate your force weapon and cast hammerhand with the quicksilver.

But you should keep in mind that most (if not all) GK HQ options are primarily support HQs in one way or another. (Or more likely, their role is to bring alot more to the table than just themselves - when opposed to say, blood angels, who got devastating melee monster HQs in their own right, if you see what i mean)

Also, i would consider dropping the psybolts of from those 5man paladin squads, and perhaps try to find some ways to get 2x special weapons in there (either incinerators, or psycannons if you can find the points)

Also, even while 8x psycannons are a formidable amount of fire (from 2x 4x purgation squads) they are still gonna be easy targets, and start losing their members fast, since you gonna need to be within 24" of the enemy (and that 4+ astral aim cover save is gonna make you mad, when half of your glan /pen shots are ignored on vehicles ifi you choose to stay out of LoS)

-------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    - Hmm, can you use same psychic skill more than once per turn (if it is not a witchfire)?
    No
    - Can blessings be used at all if the model is locked in close combat?
    Yes
    Two questions we came up last game, and couldn't find, so we rolled it off.. but would be nice to know..
    I'm relatively sure those are correct but they should be in the psyker rules, don't take my word for it.
    (Don't have my BRB right now)
    I'd like a clarification to this aswell: I was under the imperssion that if something, it was the other way around. I cannot find anywhere it being stated that other than witchfires cannot be used more than once per turn, and (what i meant by unit in the question was a librarian itself locked in close combat) when for example a blessing is cast at the start of the librarians movement phase, its stated that along the lines that unit locked in close combat cannot move or shoot etc, thus leading to the assumption (again, haven't read any specific anywhere) that it would forego its movement and shooting phases if it was locked in CC..

If someone could point out pages, or open the meaning behind the wordings, i would surely appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by ksoh75 View Post

HOWEVER.....I think purifiers are a bit more important then purgation squads.....being the fact that they have clensing flame...so if they get assualted.....then all would be attackers need to make a 4+ save or c-ya.....
    That's 'all models are wounded on a 4+, armour saves are taken as normal'.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by clarkie88 View Post
    That's 'all models are wounded on a 4+, armour saves are taken as normal'.
    Thats why I switched them out...lol

Chaplain

[QUOTE=Wildcard;223294]You lose a lot of your libbys potential if you dont take 3x offensive + 3x defensive psychic skills (because you can use 3x power in your turn, and then 3x power in enemys turn)

Unless you are always going to activate your force weapon and cast hammerhand with the quicksilver.

But you should keep in mind that most (if not all) GK HQ options are primarily support HQs in one way or another. (Or more likely, their role is to bring alot more to the table than just themselves - when opposed to say, blood angels, who got devastating melee monster HQs in their own right, if you see what i mean)

Also, i would consider dropping the psybolts of from those 5man paladin squads, and perhaps try to find some ways to get 2x special weapons in there (either incinerators, or psycannons if you can find the points)

Also, even while 8x psycannons are a formidable amount of fire (from 2x 4x purgation squads) they are still gonna be easy targets, and start losing their members fast, since you gonna need to be within 24" of the enemy (and that 4+ astral aim cover save is gonna make you mad, when half of your glan /pen shots are ignored on vehicles ifi you choose to stay out of LoS)

/[QUOTE]

See, this is were the Libraian will come in handy....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12