Troops/HQ:
    Lord Kaldor Draigo
    Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
    1 Apothecary (Nemesis Force Halberd)
    4 Paladin (Nemesis Force Halberd)

Troops:
    Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
    5 Paladin (Nemesis Force Halberd)

Fast Attack: x2 (Each Raven will carry Draigo and who he is attached with and or the other Paladin squad)
    Stormraven Gunship (Searchlight; Twin-Linked Multi-melta)

Elite: x2 Purifier Squad
    1 Knight of the Flame (Master-craft Storm Bolter)
    2 Purifier (Psycannon)
    2 Purifier

Heavy Support: (Using to get into melee only or be a meat shield if needed to soak up wounds. Goal is to keep him back and use to teleport into critical areas or to contest objectives
    Nemesis Dreadknight (Personal Teleporter)

Total Roster Cost: 1847
    Last edited by ksoh75; 07-23-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: updated totals

Chaplain

Default List has been updated correctly

Let me know what you think....thanks!!!!

Chaplain

ok I let this sok for 3 days and nothing.......LOL

It's a build list for me then!

I steer clear of Rules and Army List threads, they give me the shivers.

Looks fine to me, even if it is dirty Grey Kuuuuuuuuhhh-nig-uts. (Imagine I said the Monty Python line)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chaplain

My only problem with the list is the Purifiers are very squishy now in MSUs. And not having them in vehicles mean they are slow also.

My suggestion is trying interceptors. I have had great let with a unit of ten with psybolt ammo and psycannons. Letting them outflank means they will probably shot some rear armor the turn they come into the board and give you a unit that can contest objectives at the end game with the 30' jump. They now pair well with the Dreadknight and Paladins. But that's my 2 cents.

If you want to keep the Purifers I would say have them as one squad and combat squad them when you need to. I actually like doing with for a 4 man psycannon squad that is fearless. It's like a devastator squad you can put anywhere with out fear of them failing a moral test.

And Apothecaries at this points level might not be worth it, especially in a small unit. You can get a rhino for the purifers or a xenos inquisitor with rad and psycotopic grenades (well worth the points!).

Last comment is the weapons on the paladins. Halbards are great but you need a little variety. You should have one sword for a higher invul save in CC and one hammer. Being a threat to Land Raiders in CC with the hammer is awesome and having a 4++ in CC is also a good boast (especially in the squad without Draigo).

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    My only problem with the list is the Purifiers are very squishy now in MSUs. And not having them in vehicles mean they are slow also.

My suggestion is trying interceptors. I have had great let with a unit of ten with psybolt ammo and psycannons. Letting them outflank means they will probably shot some rear armor the turn they come into the board and give you a unit that can contest objectives at the end game with the 30' jump. They now pair well with the Dreadknight and Paladins. But that's my 2 cents.

If you want to keep the Purifers I would say have them as one squad and combat squad them when you need to. I actually like doing with for a 4 man psycannon squad that is fearless. It's like a devastator squad you can put anywhere with out fear of them failing a moral test.

And Apothecaries at this points level might not be worth it, especially in a small unit. You can get a rhino for the purifers or a xenos inquisitor with rad and psycotopic grenades (well worth the points!).

Last comment is the weapons on the paladins. Halbards are great but you need a little variety. You should have one sword for a higher invul save in CC and one hammer. Being a threat to Land Raiders in CC with the hammer is awesome and having a 4++ in CC is also a good boast (especially in the squad without Draigo).

I'm hearing Libbies are pretty tough and GK's can benefit from their powers....this correct? I adjusted for s second list with some of the suggestions you have given. List is below:

1850 Pts - Grey Knights Roster

HQ and Attachements: This unit will DS in the Raven. Having Teleporter Homers on the board will help bring them in when I need them.
    Lord Kaldor Draigo
    Troops: Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
    1 Paladin (Master-craft Nemesis Weapon(s); MC Nemesis Daemonhammer)
    Fast: 1 Stormraven Gunship (Searchlight; Twin-Linked Multi-melta)

Troops: Paladin Squad
    HQ: 1 Librarian (Servo-skulls x3; Quicksilver; The Shrouding; The Summoning)/(Skulls are there for that 12” screw you during set up)
    1 Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
    1 Paladin (Master-craft Nemesis Weapon(s); MC Nemesis Daemonhammer)

Heavy Support: (Used to make things it’s ***** or to just be a big pain in the ***. Between Summoning and the Personal Teleporter, I can make opponents hate this thing.
    1 Nemesis Dreadknight (Personal Teleporter)

Heavy Support: Purgation Squad x2 (I love the idea of Astral Sight. How man +4 Cover saves can you actually make?? Let alone, this will help with vehicle killing as well as mass troop slaughter. Idea is to keep both squads and give them cover since I’m not using Rhino’s or Razor’s. HOWEVER…..if I do decide to use them, I’ll use them in a 2k game. Teleporter homer is going to be used to help bring in the DS’ers)
    1 Purgation Squad
    1 Justicar (Master-craft Storm Bolter; Teleport Homer)
    4 Grey Knights (Psycannon)

Total Roster Cost: 1846

Chaplain

I love my Libby, especially in 6th edition. A level 3 Libby with divination is amazing! The Primus power is awesome (Guide but with a 12" range, YES!) and the other powers can be over powered.

I had the power to reroll my hits and wounds, and the power to make a target unit reroll it's saves. Used both on a TH/SS unit and ate them alive. It was glorious. Libbies are now my go to HQ. Other might disagree but all my wins in 6th have been with the Libby, it's not a guaranteed win but they are now hugely awesome.

I love my Libby, especially in 6th edition. A level 3 Libby with divination is amazing! The Primus power is awesome (Guide but with a 12" range, YES!) and the other powers can be over powered.
    - Hmm, can you use same psychic skill more than once per turn (if it is not a witchfire)?
    - Can blessings be used at all if the model is locked in close combat?

Two questions we came up last game, and couldn't find, so we rolled it off.. but would be nice to know..

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    - Hmm, can you use same psychic skill more than once per turn (if it is not a witchfire)?
    No
    - Can blessings be used at all if the model is locked in close combat?
    Yes

Two questions we came up last game, and couldn't find, so we rolled it off.. but would be nice to know..
    I'm relatively sure those are correct but they should be in the psyker rules, don't take my word for it.
    (Don't have my BRB right now)

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    I'm relatively sure those are correct but they should be in the psyker rules, don't take my word for it.
    (Don't have my BRB right now)
    Very cool!! I'm basically going to use a PGK themed army. I was reading about how nasty a Libbi is but I want to use him more geared towards my Pallies then anything.

So spending the ectra 50pts on a Dragowing army is not too important to me.

HOWEVER.....I think purifiers are a bit more important then purgation squads.....being the fact that they have clensing flame...so if they get assualted.....then all would be attackers need to make a 4+ save or c-ya.....

As much as I like Astral Aim....I'm not sure if shooting to death an army is more worth it then a free kill on a 4+ before I eat you up with my Halberds.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast