BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

What a Champion... If I do a Nurgle army I'm tempted to have him as a Daemon.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Just get a square/round base for it and I'd be convinced it is a Nurgle daemon.

I'd even call him Oogie Boogie.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Fly Lord

Massive rumor dump via Blood of Kittens (added to first post)
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

This confuses me:
    The new CSM codex is not a return to the 3rd edition codex, this is the successor to Gav Thorpe’s creation– the current CSM codex. Unlike before Phil Kelly was put in charge of building from the ground up; Space Wolves, Dark Eldar, and Orks codexes he instead has taken a much more subtle approach with the CSM Codex. This is not the reinvention of the wheel at its core this is a validation for Gav Thorpe and perhaps if you could ask Gav, Phil Kelly’s CSM codex would have been the codex he wished he could have written, but wasn’t allowed to.
    The current CSM book is unpopular, and recently Alessio Cavatore claimed responsibility for the direction the book took and absolved Gav Thorpe of blame. Recently at the GW open day thingamie Phil Kelly, the apparent author of the new CSM book said that 5th took a more streamlined, competitve approach thanks to Mr Cavatore and that they took a deliberately different approach with 6th.

Yet now we are to believe that Phil Kelly is validating a book that is the very apotheosis of a design philosophy recently publically disavowed by Mr Kelly? A design philsoophy deliberately eschewed when it came to writing a brand new edition of 40k? I think this is fan fiction at best, whether or not the other rumours are accurate I have no idea.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yeah, and Phil Kelly is the new guardian of the Tau. The Emperor said so. Somewhere.

On the other hand: yes, I'm sure it won't be the 3.5 codex reborn. It was never going to be. But ever since Codex: Space Marines they've been making codices that have more units, more choices, just... more. So, yes, the 3.5 "here are a bunch of extra rules for Legion" lists might not be coming back, but you can be sure that the 5th ed style of More, Bigger, Better, Badder will be continued and honestly, probably expanded.

So I think those statements are probably just a result of someone getting a wire crossed somewhere.

(Or Kelly is indeed the Guardian of the Tau. And also, Cypher is Wazdakka Gutzmek! I heard it on the internet.)

I'm looking forward to it very much.

Fly Lord

All I take from that (which I agree is a bit of literary embellishment), is that the units are fundamentally unchanged. Its probably the same basic army layout with a handful of new additions and some more unit options, and army mechanics (Kelly does like to add in army level mechanics such as the paint token system). At its core the book is not the complete Legion based rewrite many were hoping for.

God forbid the Design Studio give their best villians in the fluff (the Legions) as much attention at the Black Templars get...
    Last edited by Bigred; 07-23-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

A lot of what he posted seemed very far fetched, and actually kind of annoyed me.
    No denying most of it is pretty cool.

Still.....this is a codex that Phil Kelly himself apparently said would be comparable to Grey Knights in terms of sheer power.
    If they screw up this codex....well suffice to say there will be a lot of very unhappy people.
    Still, Phil Kelly has written three of the best codexes in the game right now, I have faith in him.

What concerned me was how Abaddon is still the only Eternal Warrior in the codex apparently (as far as special characters go).
    That irks me majorly. If that's the case, Ahriman should have an insane invulnerable save and have a whole bunch of psychic defences.
    The part about Typhus turning all your Cultists into Zombies made me smile though. Since the 6th FAQ I've gotten the feeling that Typhus was going to be major in this edition.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 07-23-2012 at 11:10 AM.

That is what I mean. If he is embellishing that, which seems likely, what else is being embellished or twisted and misrepresented. Rumours are vague enough without adding your own unique twist to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    All I take from that (which I agree is a bit of literary embellishment), is that the units are fundamentally unchanged. Its probably the same basic army layout with a handful of new additions and some more unit options, and army mechanics (Kelly does like to add in army level mechanics such as the paint token system). At its core the book is not the complete Legion based rewrite many were hoping for.

God forbid the Design Studio give their best villians in the fluff (the Legions) as much attention at the Black Templars get...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast