BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Librarian

then why are you now talking about it?
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Ssssshhhhh!!!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Occuli Imperator

We are not, we are talking about the rumoured chaos incursion.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Gooooooooooooood.

Librarian

Arrrrgggh chaos!

"I feel the power of Chaos overtaking me, it is a good thing!"

Chapter-Master

What am I witnessing exactly?

Anyway, for those interested in the topic at hand, my local store has been running events themed around Cypher and have even had a model of Cypher painted up for the store recently.

Coincidence?

I hope the rumours regarding the special characters are true. Whilst it will suck for some that don't run pure legions such as Death Guard but still use lots of Plague Marines (i.e. a Purge army) that they will apparently have to use Typhus (I don't even have Ahriman and I'm a Thousand Sons player ), the constant talk of how powerful they will be gives me hope. If recent codexes are anything to go by, and of course considering the fluff, the Chaos special characters should be amazingly powerful; in the old codex they were never that powerful to justify their excessive points costs, bar Kharn. Abaddon might have been the most powerful character in the game for a while but now he has been hit hard by the FAQ and he never really did much for your army in the first place.

I really hope Ahriman is Mastery Level 4. Not only would it make complete sense fluff wise, but it would be another middle finger for the masses to raise to Grey Knights And unlike a lot of people, I think the dragon thing sounds really cool, though I'm not sold just yet. If it is mostly an air-superiority flying monster, then I won't bother too much methinks. Still, it would be worth getting purely for the reaction from my opponent when they see a Lord of Change, two winged Tzeentch Daemon Princes and a Fiery Dragon on the field

I won't be surprised though if staples such as Daemon Princes and Obliterators are hit very hard in the new codex to be honest. The Daemon Prince is arguably the most cost-effective HQ in the game - 150 points gets you a Nurgle-marked flying monstrous creature that can eat most units in the game for breakfeast. A Chaos Lord or Chaos Sorcerer Lord at the same points cost is woefully inefficient comparatively. Hopefully it is more like 3.5 in that sense; Daemon Princes should be much more expensive than Chaos Lords and Chaos Sorcerer Lords, but still retain their amazing combat abilities.

I really can't wait......I look at the current codex and then look at the 5th edition ones such as Grey Knights and Space Marines and marvel at how cheap they get upgrades, psychic powers and the like, as well as the wealth of customization options. If we get even with all the Chaos flavour I'll be stoked. On another note, I hope like hell points costs drop in the new codex to fit in with codex creep. I'm sick of having to pay 300 points to run a 9 man Thousand Sons squad in a rhino that is kitted out to be able to deal with walkers and transports.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 07-17-2012 at 05:39 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    "I feel the power of Chaos overtaking me, it is a good thing!"
    "Do you hear the voices too!?"

Librarian

i am hoping actually that the new chaos will give me the ability to do what i have been wanting to. a crazy army of nurgle with cultist/renegae guard

It was a minor divergence.

Yes, back to topic.

I hope Cypher is back, he's legen-wait for it! DARY!
    Or Doomrider, that'd be awesome. Maybe both?

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast