BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Munitorum Dice, Vehicle and Objective Markers Available

No fanfare or anything, but it seems GW has put the nifty dice and markers up on their website.
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440150a&rootCatGameSt yle=gaming-accessories[/url]

I just happened to notice they were in the 'Dice & Templates' page in the Gaming section, which was what I'd hoped for but hadn't expected. While supplies last, so if you want 'em grab some now, like I did.

Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

I can't decide if I want any of them but the regular ones.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I can't decide if I want any of them but the regular ones.
    I thought pretty similar things.

Ended up buying 1 of each, 2 of the regulars. Just in case I changed my mind.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Give me a few minutes to get dressed and I'll be off to my local GW...
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Well, decide quick, because these are gonna be gone in the next few hours.

At least that's what I 'predict'. As a pretty big indie retailer, I could only secure two of each set for sale, and even then I had to threaten the nice sales rep lady with my cunning dance skills..

Librarian

Got the objective and regular ones, as the vehicle ones aren't available in Aus yet.

Objective dice are basically essential for the game now, and well worth the money.

Yep. Got the Tank and Objective dice. My man bag is now replete!

Also, little touch I've noticed, is that each tin has a different planet of origin stamped on it. Gamers Edition is Armgeddon, and the others you can see above. I really quite like that!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

To my surprise, I bought the dice kit. I know, I know... but it isn't just mindless merchandizing. Not only are the dice reasonably good-looking, but the stands are really handy for objective markers. I'm looking forward to them arriving.

Chapter-Master

Got 'em, used 'em in a couple of games. Small points and barely any vehicles, so the damage dice didn't come in to play much, but the objective dice were great. The tins are a little flimsy, but not too bad. The dice themselves look fantastic, roll great and are fantastically distinctive. Only down side is that both the objective and vehicle sets have two sub-set of black dice. For the vehicle damage dice you have two AP1 dice (With three explosion results) in red, two or three AP2 dice (with two explosion results) in yellow and three normal dice with only one explosion result in black. However the hull points dice are also in black, so it's a bit difficult to tell when you are getting them out of the tin.

The objective marker dice are split evenly between Mysterious objectives and another sub-set, primarilly for the game where you have the objective worth different amounts, but both are black, so you could have fun getting the ones you need. Can't remember what the other symbles signify, if anything, although the back of the packet explains the symbology for both the vehicle and objective packs mean. I've thrown them away, but they do match the ones used in the rulebook (unsurprisingly) so it's not exactly a big issue.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Veteran-Sergeant

The markers are cool, but the regular dice are very hard to read. Especially for your opponent across the table, a lot of time is spent saying "Is that a 1?" "No, it's a 4!" "Really, let me see that..." Most of the people I know who bought them are no longer using them in game as dice, it's just too annoying. Another case of too much emphasis on form over function.

r
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast