BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

heheh nice pic.

and i see tetsu buddy hasn't responded to any of the points I brought up. maybe because i'm right about all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    heheh nice pic.

and i see tetsu buddy hasn't responded to any of the points I brought up. maybe because i'm right about all of them?
    You might be right, but you're still horribly arrogant.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

not arrogant, just honest, blunt and absolutely confident.

you can still speak plainly and not be arrogant.

not arrogant, just honest, blunt and absolutely confident.

you can still speak plainly and not be arrogant.
    You sir, sound exceptionally arrogant - maybe you should think about how you persona comes across online?
    I used to be like you, speak like this, tell peole how it was, not allow room for anyone else's opinions, it stops life being as enjoyable as it can be.

I didn't reply to any of them because I a) don't generally argue on the internet - it's a bit pointless & b) I could't find a coherent point in what you said. However as you've asked, - please let me respond.

the biggest flub I saw in your blog post is the fragmentation part. Comparing android devices to iPads/iPhones is simply terrible and i'll tell you why. Using devices that run the android OS to the devices that run apple's OS will lead to a one-sided conclusion. A better comparison would be using the Operating System and core hardware in each
    What? I mean, what? You don't make any sense, not in a "I don't agree with you" way, but in a "you can't put a sentence together" way.

Apps that are on the android platform have to be able to run as bug-free as possible for it to work on that OS, much like Apps have to run as bug-free as possible. And those apps, regardless of what platform they are on, have to be able to display the data content included in the file that is loaded onto the platform (such as an eBook).
    Again - what? That's like saying cars need wheels and doors to make them work - hardly a revelation is it?

If GW was to release their ebooks on the Android platform, they are free to choose the storefront that benefits them the most. They could release their ebooks through only one place, such as Google's app store if they so choose. They don't HAVE to release their books on EVERY storefront.
    So?? Does every android user have a registered account, with a stored credit card and is able to make a one click transaction from a single store with a unified customer services system and unified redownload system? No.

That's one of the huge reasons IOS users buy more apps consistently in every report ever written about it.

Piracy. Almost all platforms have some form of piracy, including iPhones and iPads. Thinking that only one platform has no piracy is quite simply.. naive and one-sided. And last i checked, [url=http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/is_app_piracy_higher_on_the_ipad.php]piracy is quite rampant on the ipad aswell [/url] I'm sorry to break it to you but, GW's digital products WILL be pirated. it's just a question of when.
    I *said* this in MY OWN article.

AND you linked to an article - TWO YEARS old

and the article *actually* said:

"The piracy rates for apps on the iPad may be much higher than on the iPhone, if one developer's report is any indication."

So the report is based on ONE person and is comparing iPads and iPhones! not Android!

Cost to games workshop? you're comparing digital products with physical products, and stating apple's model is superior? did you not look into what any of the other estores' terms and conditions are?
    Er - yes, and - what's your point? Do you have one? Do you have any figures, articles and examples? Do you have anything?

I do agree with using a secured HTML site that is open to every platform out there. It would be a better solution to the exclusive but restrictive model they are using now
    Well that makes me feel a lot better - good to have you on board Mr Confident.

Contrasting views are the most important views I can find, they help me understand other people's points of views, empathise with their problems and enable me to work towards solving these problems and making their interactions with something I've worked on, smoother.

Users don't always want to help however.

Anyway - anyone else? I'll be updating the original post ASAP and I have the first draft of the recommendations to come as well.

I look forward to your views on that to "Uncle Nutsy"

IF THAT'S EVEN YOUR REAL NAME.
    Last edited by Tetsugaku; 07-20-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsugaku View Post
    You sir, sound exceptionally arrogant - maybe you should think about how you persona comes across online?
    I used to be like you, speak like this, tell peole how it was, not allow room for anyone else's opinions, it stops life being as enjoyable as it can be.
    strong confidence is always mistaken for arrogance.

What? I mean, what? You don't make any sense, not in a "I don't agree with you" way, but in a "you can't put a sentence together" way.
    interesting. you're the only one that's mentioned that. And yet, I have had university professors compliment me on my writing. I can write very well, but I don't like writing. Go figure.

Again - what? That's like saying cars need wheels and doors to make them work - hardly a revelation is it?
    Your assertion stemmed from the amount of models on the market currently. I countered by mentioning that all models ran on similar hardware and noting that part of your blog post should reflect that instead. But seeing as we're on the subject of cars, your assertion was like trying to tell people that an aftermarket manufacturer shouldn't create parts for Ford because there are too many models out there. If you wish to write into GW with a proposition, you need to have a tighter comparison, such as the hardware that runs the tablets instead of the models of tablets.

So?? Does every android user have a registered account, with a stored credit card and is able to make a one click transaction from a single store with a unified customer services system and unified redownload system? No.

That's one of the huge reasons IOS users buy more apps consistently in every report ever written about it.
    If they have an account with Google Play, then yes. That android user will have a registered account with a stored credit card and will be able to make the 'one-click transaction'. but why is that even part of your proposition anyways? it's not relevant at all.

the reason iOS users buy more apps consistently.. is because there's only one place to get those apps. so of COURSE they will have higher sales figures. When you corner the market, you can brag til the sun turns blue that your figures are higher. And no one will argue because there's nothing to argue with.

and the article *actually* said:

"The piracy rates for apps on the iPad may be much higher than on the iPhone, if one developer's report is any indication."

So the report is based on ONE person and is comparing iPads and iPhones! not Android!
    I know. The age does not matter. The author is comparing one iOS device to another, making it relevant to the discussion. It doesn't matter if it's an iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone. they all run the same hardware and are almost identical, save for a few functions and sizes.

Er - yes, and - what's your point? Do you have one? Do you have any figures, articles and examples? Do you have anything?
    my point *is* that comparing a physical-based product with an electronic-based product is like comparing apples and oranges. they may be both fruit but that's where the similarities end.

Now, if we look at amazon's Terms and Conditions ([url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=1161302]known as a Participation agreement[/url]), we see that they can use and modify a persons' work how they see fit. Now if I were at Games Workshop, I would not like that part of the agreement. We can take this to mean that digital codexes won't be released there before some serious legal wrangling was done.

Google Books' terms and conditions are [url=http://play.google.com/intl/en/about/books-terms.html]here[/url], but at the time of writing this, it's been doing some really funny redirects and I can't read the entire document in the half second that it resides on the monitor.

Well that makes me feel a lot better - good to have you on board Mr Confident.

Contrasting views are the most important views I can find, they help me understand other people's points of views, empathise with their problems and enable me to work towards solving these problems and making their interactions with something I've worked on smoother.

Users don;t always want to help however.

Anyway - anyone else? I'll be updating the original post ASAP and I have the first draft of the recommendations to come as well -

I look forward to your views on that to "Uncle Nutsy" IF THAT'S EVEN YOUR REAL NAME.
    I just want to add, after reading this last part, that your writing process comes off as disjointed, there's a typo, there is a hyphen missing and there's a spelling mistake. So please don't accuse others of bad writing until you brush up on yours.

Talking

strong confidence is always mistaken for arrogance..
    Generally it's just arrogance. What you said is in fact a perfect example. So is this:

And yet, I have had university professors compliment me on my writing
    It also, quite obviously, means nothing - professors? professors of what? When? In what context?

I countered by mentioning that all models ran on similar hardware
    Similar - in the land of software development, which is where I live, is not the same. It means more testing, more development work, a higher cost for purchasing hardware and a (much) longer development time. Tell me, what do you do for a living?

If they have an account with Google Play, then yes.
    So the answer you are looking for is "no"?

the reason iOS users buy more apps consistently.. is because there's only one place to get those apps. so of COURSE they will have higher sales figures.
    No, you seem to have got embarrassingly confused. The higher sales figures are based on some simple figures.
    1) IOS users download more apps, free to otherwise than Droid users
    2) IOS users BUY more apps, per user, than droid users

Your "of course" means nothing in this case.

I know. The age does not matter. The author is comparing one iOS device to another, making it relevant to the discussion. It doesn't matter if it's an iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone. they all run the same hardware and are almost identical, save for a few functions and sizes.
    But it does matter - you fool - because you were using it to demonstrate there is more piracy on the iPad compared to Android. You fail at sourcing arguments.

I just want to add, after reading this last part, that your writing process comes off as disjointed, there's a typo, there is a hyphen missing and there's a spelling mistake. So please don't accuse others of bad writing until you brush up on yours.
    Sir - I put it to you that you are ignorant of the subject matter (demonstrated by your own words and opinions) arogant (again indicated by your own words) and in fact you are continuing this argument for no good reason.

I - am drawing a line under this right here

--------------------------------------------------------

Now - if anyone has any more valuable feedback I'd be hugely grateful to hear your views

Cheers

It also, quite obviously, means nothing - professors? professors of what? When? In what context?
    trust me if they were science professors, it wasn't really a compliment it was an insult.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    trust me if they were science professors, it wasn't really a compliment it was an insult.
    So presumably in that instance it's like making the statement "I'm good at checkers?"

But seriously Nutsy, the fact that you claim the age of an article doesn't matter sorta invalidates anything you say. In technology, the age of your data is everything.

In term of app purchases: you realize that there being only one marketplace has nothing to do with it, right? Literally nothing. It has to do with the purchasing trends of the user, which again, people have proven that iOS users spend more, attributing the lack of Droid purchases to the fact that their users won't pay for it because it "should be free."

And as your comment about writing processes go: if you were so smart, and such a good writer, you'd clearly see the difference between poor writing and typos. But you don't, so we'll leave it at that.

www.queencityguard.com

So presumably in that instance it's like making the statement "I'm good at checkers?"
    lol, no it's like being told by Michael Jordan that you're good at baseball. Or like being told by Shaquille O'Neal that you're good a free throws.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    lol, no it's like being told by Michael Jordan that you're good at baseball. Or like being told by Shaquille O'Neal that you're good a free throws.
    Oh thank you. That gave me a good chuckle on an otherwise VEEEEERRRRRY long Friday.

www.queencityguard.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast