BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Challange IG sargeant, he strikes last, he has low toughness, he dies! Looks like were back in 3e edition where you could only hope your character strikes first or survives...

Quote Originally Posted by wolflold View Post
    Challange IG sargeant, he strikes last, he has low toughness, he dies! Looks like were back in 3e edition where you could only hope your character strikes first or survives...
    So... Take more squad leaders?
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Isnt this thread nonsense? Having reread the rules you cannot choose to just have a power axe. I believe its "power weapon" is listed in the guard codex and not an "power axe" which is specifically stated in the 6E book as different . If guard could take/had power axes it would have been FAQ'd.
    Just shell out for that power fist!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick935 View Post
    Isnt this thread nonsense? Having reread the rules you cannot choose to just have a power axe. I believe its "power weapon" is listed in the guard codex and not an "power axe" which is specifically stated in the 6E book as different . If guard could take/had power axes it would have been FAQ'd.
    Just shell out for that power fist!
    Yeah they don't have options for power swords either, read the rulebook.

Also, infantry squads can't take fists.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Power Weapons are WYSIWYG.

So, if the sgt has an axe, it is a power axe. You can give him a spear!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post

actually you can give him a spear and an axe.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    Yeah they don't have options for power swords either, read the rulebook.

Also, infantry squads can't take fists.
    Thats right but i always run vetrans who can, but the point stands.

and the cheesy beardy metagaming begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post

Equiping them with a spear or axe when they have a sword as per the codex or FAQ (or any other way round) is illegal. If you change from the wargear in the codex entry or what the standard model comes with is like swaping a bolter for a heavy bolter without paying points for it . "Power axe", "power lance" and "power sword" are now completely different and that is why on page 61 of the rulebook they have different entries.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick935 View Post
    Equiping them with a spear or axe when they have a sword as per the codex or FAQ (or any other way round) is illegal. If you change from the wargear in the codex entry or what the standard model comes with is like swaping a bolter for a heavy bolter without paying points for it . "Power axe", "power lance" and "power sword" are now completely different and that is why on page 61 of the rulebook they have different entries.
    the codex doesn't say sword it just says power weapon, if you stick with the bog standard models it's a sword but you can model them differently and if you model them with an axe, you have to use the axe rules, you CAN'T use the sword rules.. You go by WYSIWYG. Catachan models especially would be easy to model with axes.
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 07-06-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast