BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Tau Fire Warrior's Shield Drones

Please excuse if this seems overly simple...I don't have any experience playing with Tau and minor against...but the other day a Q came up about the Shield Drones for a FW squad. How does the invulnerable save work? Does the drone give the whole squad a save or is it just another model to put a wound on?

PinoyC

Just another model to put wounds on.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Exactly like jwolf said: it's another member of the team, with the same armor save as the Fire Warriors, but with a 4+ invulnerable save. Considering it costs what three Fire Warriors cost, though, and that its continued existence hinges on the Shas'ui staying alive - it's probably not a good purchase.

On the other hand, it's still a pretty good buy for Broadsides: 2+/4+ save and an ablative wound FTW.

Shield Drones aren't three times a normal fire warrior, but still they are a little unneccessary in my opinion to put on a squad of them.

whoops, I'm sorry, you're completely correct. One and a half Fire Warriors for shield drones; three for marker drones. I'm a dofus.

Brother-Sergeant

rgr...thanks for the input...this is how I interpreted it...so with your confirmation, I'll ensure that the local Tau player keeps his FW legit.