BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

^hah! True, it does look a bit like it. Although the tail section on the Squat craft was a looot longer.

Yup, I'm from that era as well.

Wait, did I just say, era?... Crap!
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by FireHazard View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks the Talon is a little reminiscent of the old Squat Gyrocopter from Space Marine/Epic?

Wow. That just made me realise how old I am...

What's a squat?

But seriously, even though I know about 'em, I've only been playing 40k since around right before the time 5th edition dropped.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Librarian

Squats were dwarves in space but having seen the models i really don't get the fuss, maybe the background was great.

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    Squats were dwarves in space but having seen the models i really don't get the fuss, maybe the background was great.
    Keep in mind that was >12 years ago. They were on par quality wise for about everything else GW at the time.

I recall an email exchange with Gav that was posted somewhere a few years ago(or at least allegedly w/Gav) that said they couldn't figure out a way to "fix" the background to fit into the evolving grimdark. The main gist was that they had more players that continued to want to treat them as something of a joke than GW was comfortable with. And thus, they got sentenced to an appointment with the nids. (At least FFG brought them back in Death Watch, albeit as abhumans under an alias).

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    No thanks.

Looks like...a land speeder with stuff slapped on, as opposed to a helicopter/flyer/gunship thing.
    That pretty much sums up my take on the rules, not just the image you were replying to.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Chapter-Master

congrats to gruebot for winning the challenge if you have a blog or anything that needs a bit of promotion just ask
    and the summary post is here
    [url]http://fuzzbuket.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/better-stormtalon-challenge.html[/url]

its great to see that we all have a manic little inner hobbyist ^__^
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Veteran-Sergeant

not so good at photoshop.. but i imagine something like this???
    predator turret on top... predator weapon sponsons on the wings instead? maybe push the engines to the back and cardstock a bit longer wings?
    just ordered one, so perhaps in a week or so, will submit a real picture of my build
    Last edited by PedroKantor; 06-06-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Brother-Captain

Just my 2 cents, but...
    having the weapons mounted on the thrusters would make it hard to shoot, considering the nose of the craft is what points at its targets, not the thrusters. Those weapons are going to be pointing in the air like that most of the time, especially whenever it needs to hover.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Brother-Captain

Hmmm, but the lascannons might fit nicely in those front air intakes on the side. And with the turret replaced with a lighter model (they're currently oversized), we might be onto something here...
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Chapter-Master

wow thats really cool i think that if you wanted to mount the lascannons there itd be a good idea to mount them UNDER the wings (if your expanding them)
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

This is my favourite I've seen so far:
    [url]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=253575[/url]

Missile pods mounted on top is just genius, and trimming down the assault cannons so they fit inside the nose makes them less stupid. Not sure about the changes to the tailfins, but I do like the extended wings.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast