BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default The: better stormtalon challenge!

while looking at the new stormtalon i have been wondering how it should look better! So with my most recent [URL="http://fuzzbuket.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/40ks-new-fliers-and-fuzzs-thoughts-and.html"]blog post[/URL] i made a quick shop of what i think would be a vast improvement!

so the challenge is to simply draw, paint photoshop or convert whatever you think it should look like

sadly no prizes (unless we can get a sponsor) apart from a promotion on my 200-400 views a day blog!

its really just to get your creative jucies flowing and to have fun

NOW OFF TO MS PAINT!

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Brother-Captain

That does look pretty sharp.

Personally I'm fond of the chin-mounted turret gun, as it really conveys an attack helicopter vibe - just not that fond of the Stormtalon's execution. Little too big and the landing skids look silly.

I think making it look somewhat like the mount for the Assault Cannon on Land Speeders is something I might consider trying, whenever I pick one up.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

I dislike it as it is, but if you tore off the engines and stubby little wings and replaced them with something a little more reasonable, then I'd agree with Eldargal. It's cute, in a kind of special way.

I think downscaled Valkyrie wings would be appropriate.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Like if you took the half of the wings after the 'bend' off the end of the Valkyrie, Darklink? Minus the landing gear, obviously. That would also have the cool-factor of adding MOAR THRUST.

im up for that challenge!

Battle-Brother

i think it's fine as is, but i'd like it more if it didn't have the tail and were more upright, like Boba Fett's Slave ship.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Like if you took the half of the wings after the 'bend' off the end of the Valkyrie, Darklink? Minus the landing gear, obviously. That would also have the cool-factor of adding MOAR THRUST.
    I think the kink in the wings should still be there, but the wing would obviously have to be a lot smaller, so basically yes. And you'd have to replace the engines with much sleeker ones for it to work, obviously.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

For me, the twin-linked weapons look kind of silly - just too much gun-mass! I'd make the entire ship a bit larger longer (apart from the cockpit), shift the cockpit a bit to the left and put a single H. Bolter stacked on top of a single Assault Cannon on the right of the cockpit.

Brother-Captain

Shifting the weapons about like that would detract from the helicopter gunship vibe of the whole thing, though (one weapon pod either side and a chin-turret). But to each his own.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    while looking at the new stormtalon i have been wondering how it should look better! So with my most recent [URL="http://fuzzbuket.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/40ks-new-fliers-and-fuzzs-thoughts-and.html"]blog post[/URL] i made a quick shop of what i think would be a vast improvement!

so the challenge is to simply draw, paint photoshop or convert whatever you think it should look like

sadly no prizes (unless we can get a sponsor) apart from a promotion on my 200-400 views a day blog!

its really just to get your creative jucies flowing and to have fun

NOW OFF TO MS PAINT!

-fuzz
    Rip off wings, add helicopter rotors, done.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast