BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Inquisitor Hector Rex question

Ok so I'm looking at the updated rules for Rex and it states he has a nemesis force weapon but it never states what type. Looking at the model its a sword to me and if thats the case wouldn't this guy benefit from a 2++ in close combat? I don't what the old rules were for this guy so I'm just going off what FW has up now.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Librarian

Nemesis force weapons have rules that don't require any further type info. So look at all the info for nfws in the gk codex.

Chapter-Master

Those rules were written before the new codex came out, when there was only one type of nemesis force weapon.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Nope, that's from the current 5th ed. update (it's in the FW downloads section). "Arias: Arias is an ancient relic which is treated as a Nemesis Force Weapon that never requires worse than a 4+ to wound a Daemon regardless of the target’s Toughness."

It reads like it's just a new type of NFW. Nem. Force Swords are NFWs with +1 Inv, Nem. Force Halberds are NFWs with +2I and Arias is a NFW which wounds on a 4+ against Daemons.

Yea, NFW that wounds daemons on a 4+. Also, as a Nemesis weapon, it has the nemesis circuitrys bonuses:
    - Once force weapon is activated, each wound caused causes instand death
    - Daemonbane

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Nope, that's from the current 5th ed. update (it's in the FW downloads section). "Arias: Arias is an ancient relic which is treated as a Nemesis Force Weapon that never requires worse than a 4+ to wound a Daemon regardless of the target’s Toughness."

It reads like it's just a new type of NFW. Nem. Force Swords are NFWs with +1 Inv, Nem. Force Halberds are NFWs with +2I and Arias is a NFW which wounds on a 4+ against Daemons.
    Ok I see now. Even though its a sword, Arias special ability is to always wound daemons on 4+ rather than get the +1 for the invulnerable save. Did I get the right?
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound2delta View Post
    Ok I see now. Even though its a sword, Arias special ability is to always wound daemons on 4+ rather than get the +1 for the invulnerable save. Did I get the right?
    Yep, I'm pretty sure that's the right interpretation. It'd be pretty helpful if the official rules pointed that out, it's a kinda confusing read.