BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Default Flyer pictures (big pictures)

Stayed up to 3am for this:

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

WoW.....Ewwww.

SM thingy looks terrible, in my eyes. It just doesn't look right.

The Ork one. Slightly less eww. Looks orky which is a plus.

Necron one. Looks good. I'd buy one if I played 'Crons.

Brother-Captain

Yesss.

Now I just need to know if the Stormtalon is for Codex: SM only or if other chapters can take it...
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Soooo...ugly...

Ugggghhhhh...why is the Storm Talon so hideous? It's like they took everything bad about the Storm Raven and made it worse. It's atrocious...

I like the Bomba, though. The Necron stuff is okay, but I'd really prefer a closed cockpit myself...

Veteran-Sergeant

Ork Plane: Amazing. I might get one or two, and I don't even play Orks. Where the Greenskins dig up an f-86?

Necron: No comment, I really could less about Necrons. Just not an army that appeals to me.

Storm Talon: Really, that is the best they could do? It's odd looking, even for the whole SM aircraft aesthetic that I think is strange. Plus, at least from these pictures, only Codex Marines get it? How lame is that?

So, 1 for 2, with an abstention on the Meh-Crons.

Just my 2 cents

r
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Brother-Captain

Eh, I get why people don't like the Stormtalon, but I love it.

Looks a -bit- short in the tail, but that's alright. My biggest gripe about its looks actually are the landing gear on the chin-mount...I'll probably leave those off when I assemble one.

Damn. If we can have pics of the WD photos, where're the rules?
    Because, you know, I need to figure out if this is Fast Attack or Heavy Support and what the costs are and which SM books get it. So I can plan lists with it. Right now.

I have to admit I really like the Stormtalon, I think it looks adorable. Going to get at least one for my Astral Kittens.

The Necron flyer I don't really care about much, I think it looks like a suitably impressive kit but the Necron aesthetic doesn't inspire me in general.

The Ork flyers are an ven more impressive kit, a 3 for one and each one looks different enough even if it is subtle. I'm not very fond of the Ork aesthetic either though so I won't be getting any.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

It might be a perspective issue too, the Stormtalons in the background don't look nearly as awkward.
    Last edited by Archon Charybdis; 05-22-2012 at 08:58 PM.

I am sensing an extension kit from CHS in that SM flyer's future...
    Looks like something out of GI Joe as is.

Brother-Captain

I agree that the Ork kit is the most impressive of the bunch. It looks great, and it's a 3-in-1.

It's one of those models that tempts me to start Orks. Every time I get tempted, though, I cringe at the thought of painting another horde army (it would have to be at least partly horde), and painting...I can't imagine how long it would take to paint an Ork army to make it look suitable beat-up, disheveled and ramshackle.

At least the fact that I have no money to speak of will hold me back for a while.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast