BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Vallejo Price rise

Don't know how many people have heard this, but maelstrom have announced Vallejo are raise the price of products.

[URL="http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=new&ref=240"]http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=new&ref=240[/URL]

Chapter-Master

Oooo OOoo. Does this mean I get to do what all the anti-fan boys did when GW put their prices up?

This is disgusting ! How can they charge more for their paint! They should make it cheaper not more expensive. None of the competitors have put their prices up in the last 6 weeks! So why do they need to!

etc
    etc

Wheres all the people who did all that for the GW paint rise....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Oooo OOoo. Does this mean I get to do what all the anti-fan boys did when GW put their prices up?

This is disgusting ! How can they charge more for their paint! They should make it cheaper not more expensive. None of the competitors have put their prices up in the last 6 weeks! So why do they need to!

etc
    etc

Wheres all the people who did all that for the GW paint rise....

Con't:
    Ha! This should show thows idoits who have been using Vallejo they should switch over to the superior paint lines of Reaper and Army Painter! Realy they have been holding them selves back by using such inferior paint!
    >=O
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Those Greedy *******s. I demand a Boycott on them I will no longer give them any of my business. Damn them they should all got to Hades

About time the got in line

Why no outrage ?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post

Why no outrage?
    Because the people who rage at price increases are double standard GW haters, who only raged because it was GW they were raging at.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Prices may be up but they're still cheaper than GW...

Seriously though...Reaper's better.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    Prices may be up but they're still cheaper than GW...
    This. This is why no rage.

Even with a price increase, Vallejo paints are 30 cents cheaper than GW ... not that it matters to me. I don't use either brand.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    This. This is why no rage.

Even with a price increase, Vallejo paints are 30 cents cheaper than GW ... not that it matters to me. I don't use either brand.
    IIRC Vallejo paints are also 5ml larger than GW's paints. So you are paying less and getting more.
    Last edited by Chuck777; 05-11-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Scout
    New Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

Plus...did they raise prices to adjust in a struggling economy or did they raise prices because it's May? GW price increases induced rage because they happen every June, warrented or not. That train's never late. And let's not forget that as part of this price increase, they aren't now charging more then double for their product depending on where you live while banning their retailers from selling outside their geographic region.

I am neither a fanboy, nor a GW hater. I just call 'em like I see 'em.
    The Jersey General

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast