BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar Rumours

Default Eldar Rumours

Via Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
    Hello warseer!

I have some very early Eldar rumors. First let me start with a very clear disclaimer:

THESE ARE EARLY RUMORS, CODEX ELDAR IS RUMORED MID TO LATE 2013! I EXPECT MUCH OF THIS TO CHANGE OR EVOLVE FROM WHAT I AM HEARING TODAY!

Ok, very small list, so on to what Im hearing:

Aspects all have a way to move to troops. However, some are limited to one unit only. The phoenix Lords are NOT this mechanism supposedly.

Guardians have a slight points reduction.

Tanks ( night spinner, fire prism, falcon) have a point reduction.

Transports are about the same cost.

Storm guardians are an upgrade of normal guardians.

Rumor those units requiring a guide (wraithguard , wraithlord) longer sit idle when out side range and rolling a 1. Instead they can make a move towards a warlock or other guide. Engaging these units in cc while they are outside their guides range will have penalties, treat as ws 1, i 1. However, guides will have "buffs" they can give. Reroll to hit, bonus save, etc. (To me this sounds suspiciously like changes to nids and the tervigon)
    I actually have some rumours about models but I want to try and get some corroboration before I post them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I actually have some rumours about models but I want to try and get some corroboration before I post them.
    As long as jetbikes get updated I'll be happy.

I'm going to guess now on kits:
    Jetbikes/Shining Spears 3 pack
    Fighter/flier
    Plastic Avatar
    1-2 Shrines to plastic (Swooping Hawks and Fire Dragons come to mind)
    5 Pack plastic Wraithguard, possibly with Warlock added.
    Plastic Mini-sprue for Farseer, Autarch.
    3-4 new Characters in Finecast, including maybe a new Phoenix Lord or Two and a named Autarch.
    New shrine or two in finecast (Slicing Orbs?)
    Firestorm/Falcon dual kit recut (replace the turret sprue)
    Last edited by MajorWesJanson; 05-11-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    I'm going to guess now on kits:
    Jetbikes/Shining Spears 3 pack
    Fighter/flier
    Plastic Avatar
    1-2 Shrines to plastic (Swooping Hawks and Fire Dragons come to mind)
    Plastic Mini-sprue for Farseer, Autarch.
    3-4 new Characters in Finecast, including maybe a new Phoenix Lord or Two and a named Autarch.
    New shrine or two in finecast (Slicing Orbs?)
    Firestorm/Falcon dual kit recut (replace the turret sprue)
    Dont forget plastic wraith guard, these are so cool but too expensive to seriously make an army from them at the moment. I bought 10 a few years back and that cost me £80, now it would be £87
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Dont forget plastic wraith guard, these are so cool but too expensive to seriously make an army from them at the moment. I bought 10 a few years back and that cost me £80, now it would be £87
    Good point. That just blanked on me.

Chapter-Master

Squuueeee

So if the PLords don't make the aspects troops and its done some other way, there will still be very little point in taking them.

My biggest kit wish is a plastic Autarch kit, similar to the Chaos Terminator Lord. All the options to swap in and out.

Also. Please be Phil Kelly.

Edit - OH yeah...make Scorpions fleet. If Incubi are, then we should be too
    Last edited by DrLove42; 05-11-2012 at 03:23 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I want my Striking Scorpion Troop Choices!

Well one assumes Phoenix Lords will be buffed a bit and enhance their Aspects abilities and if you can take them as troops, say with an Aspect themed Autarch Phoenix Lords probably will have uses.

I do agree about Scropions being fleet, has to happen.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I would like to see new Aspects personally. In our Deathwatch campaign (using the White Wolf ruleset) we encountered an Artifact World which was being defended by the remaining members of Malan'tai (conveniently named The Tears of Malan'tai) and we were ambushed whilst defending a fortification by an Aspect that our GM had made up, they were called the Roaring Lions and they were exceptionally badass, featuring lightning claws and roars and such. MAKE THAT HAPPEN.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

all i see are rumor topics on these boards. its like everyone keeps trying to 1 up the last guys rumors but no one wants to post anything official or with backing

where is the proof or reliability of the source
    Last edited by eosgreen; 05-11-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast