BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Soul Drinkers and the Final Book (spoliers)

Ok so I'm reading the Phalanx by Ben Counter and I find it to be horrible. In the course of the story it is relieved that the Soul Drinkers are not a successor chapter of the Imperial Fists. Yet the story also stats that the Soulspear cannot be used useless it's by one with the same genetic structure as Dorn. However the Soulspear is wielded by Sarpendon and other Souls Drinkers with no problems, it activating on their touch Furthermore the main villain of the story can't activate a closed warp gate that was sealed by Dorn and must used the blood of an Iron Knight to do so. But this very villain is a Soul Drinker. So if Dorn isn't the Soul Drinkers primarch but all the signs point to him, then who is?
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

obv the soulspear doesn't need dorn geneseed.
    however, sarpedon becomes a spiritual son of dorn at the end
    maybe it was sarpedon? tbh it was silly - in all the time they tithed geneseed and participated in imp feast succesor events e.g. feast of blades this was never discovered.
    OTOH fists fluff keeps getting yanked about with each new author rewriting it to suit himself e.g. Roberson and the sword stuff.

First-Captain

I really liked this story personally. I have enjoyed all the Soul Drinker stuff and hope we find out what happens when you step through a warp rift.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well I suspect Draigo will be waiting for them on the other side of the Warp gate
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Brother-Captain

It's going to be all high fives and explosions.