BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

If you are correct Eldargal this is excellent news indeed. I might even have to take back my earlier post full of doom and gloom. (It was admittedly a knee-jerk reaction at a most unfortunate hour.)

Chapter-Master

Just to give a bit more context on this "psychic power" thing...

From what I've been told, the paragraph in WD that explains this bit is a bit... confusing without the full context of the Psychic rules.

wait, how does costing work. Does each power cost the lowest price of the codex?

nevermind, re-read eldargal's post.

So, we're getting FAQ'd with a discipline of our own? sweeeeeeet
    Last edited by Gwyidion; 06-20-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

So BA have to exchange their codex powers, CSM can get both like Eldar, but the most they can buy are two so they could have 4 tops. Regular SM can only have two powers but we don't know if they can be taken in addition to new disciplines (giving them 4) or exchanges like BA. GK seem to be able to take both too but as each army seems to have its own rules there may be limiting factors for GK we don't know of.
    I understand that GK can generate additional powers up to their mastery level.

Maybe, or they are looking forward to next year when we get a new codex and put the discipline in that. We just don't know.

Edit: Ah, thanks Defenestratus, that makes sense. Not the full picture though, for 195 points you could get a GK librarian with 11 powers able to cast two a turn. Seems a bit over the top even for GK. Just speculation but perhaps they just get Hammerhand and then choose to generate powers per mastery level from either the powers listed in the book or the disciplines. Interesting to see how that works out.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-20-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I understand that GK can generate additional powers up to their mastery level.
    Would explain the very expensive mastery level upgrades

The way I am reading it is that psykers can take their codex powers in the normal way, or choose to take an allowed discipline and roll to generate powers based on their mastery level- a Level 3 would get 3 rolls on the chart. They may also get the base spell for the discipline as well, or have to swap it out for one of the generated ones.

Veteran-Sergeant

I wonder if the IG powers apply only to the Primaris or the squad as well.

I am *really* excited about the ally rules. I have thousands of points of IG, but starting another army has always been daunting because of the investment. Now, I can just buy the models I want and be able to use them in games. I'm picturing a few Orc bikers, a SW Landraider that I already have... It's absolutely fantastic!

r
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Vehicles having hull points. Right. Symbiotic Repair and Fabricator Array cease to have a function. Completely. There are no Weapon Destroyed/Immobilised to be fixed. Likewise Living Metal and Crew Shaken/Stunned to be ignored. Hell. Quantam Armour also becomes completely pointless (outside of an FAQ to be fair. And looking to 8th again, GW certainly aren't above mass patches)
    hate to break it to you but hull points are in.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/GJVJm.jpg[/url]

you can zoom in enougth to be able to read it.

"The Munitorum Vehicle Markers are a quick and effective means of determining what damage a vehicle suffers when an attack has penetrated its armour, and serve as a visual reminder of any ongoing vehicle status effects. The set includes four AP 3 damage dice, two AP 2 damage dice, 2 AP 1 damage dice, two Hull Point counters and two Vehicle Status markers."
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by The Madman View Post
    hate to break it to you but hull points are in.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/GJVJm.jpg[/url]

you can zoom in enougth to be able to read it.

"The Munitorum Vehicle Markers are a quick and effective means of determining what damage a vehicle suffers when an attack has penetrated its armour, and serve as a visual reminder of any ongoing vehicle status effects. The set includes four AP 3 damage dice, two AP 2 damage dice, 2 AP 1 damage dice, two Hull Point counters and two Vehicle Status markers."
    If hull points are in, then they better damn skippy have put in the ability for a tanks guns to fire at multiple targets.

r
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast