BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

I'm surprised that BoLS News page aren't posting any of these little 6th edition bitz from Warseer on this website. They are getting scooped

-Jefferson

I'm still calling shenanigans on the rumours....

Why? Simple. Codex Necrons, and the precedence set with Skaven/8th Edition Fantasy.

For those unaware, there were inklings of 8th Edition in the Skaven book, including pokier spells, combined profile Artillery, and the complete removal of partials (there may be more, but these are what spring to mind!).

Now. Codex Necrons. Using the above precedent. Now I'm happy to admit this is relatively tenuous, but bear with me...

Vehicles having hull points. Right. Symbiotic Repair and Fabricator Array cease to have a function. Completely. There are no Weapon Destroyed/Immobilised to be fixed. Likewise Living Metal and Crew Shaken/Stunned to be ignored. Hell. Quantam Armour also becomes completely pointless (outside of an FAQ to be fair. And looking to 8th again, GW certainly aren't above mass patches)

Power Weapons and Warscythes. All this AP CCW stuff. I don't buy it. Sure, Warscythes clearly state they ignore armour, whereas the Sword thingy is just a power weapon. But lets consider something. What if Power Weapons are to get a bonus for smashing up Tanks. Perhaps an extra D3 to penetrate (after all, it can cut through Terminator Armour well enough, but does nowt against AV10 at present...). The Warscythe distinction is important here, as given the 2D6 to penetrate, to say it's 'Two Handed Power Weapon with 2D6 Penetration' would imply you ALSO get the (entirely hypothetical) D3. So anyone with a Warscythe would be a veritable Can Opener, with a minimum penetration of 10 (enough to shag most rear armours) and a frankly ludicrous (and unnecessary) maxium penetration of 22 (that's MORE than a standard Carnifex...)

None of the above rumours make sense. Plus, GW has stated they are not interested in majorly changing games any more. 2nd-3rd taught them a valuable lesson. Fantasy hasn't actually changed that much. Combats, wounding etc are all pretty much as they ever have been, but with tweaks and changes to boost the use and uses of infantry. The changes mentioned are seriously massive in terms of impact, and add additional degrees of book keeping.

So yeah. Shenanigans for the most part. Certainly there's bound to be some nuggets of truth, but sorting them from the mire of wishlisting, and 'look at me I know stuff and certainly haven't just made it up or pulled it from the made up 'leaked' rulebook'.

Roll on Saturday, when I can get my grubby mitts on White Dwarf, and have a decent crack at ringing the changes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The buying of scenery is an interesting idea, opens up a range of tactical wossnames. Also might encourage GW to release some sodding xenos terrain.
    Poor eldargal, It'll be just more Imperial Terrain as space marines are the best
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Some pictures of the (Spanish) WD have leaked.

[url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?329875-Official-WarSeer-Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-discussion-thread&p=6276209&viewfull=1#post6276209[/url]

Includes a shot of the rulebook cover; looks like the previously leaked pic was real after all.

I'm freaking apoplectic that ******* Imperial Guard have access to more psychic powers than Eldar.

It's interesting that rapid fire is changed to half distance. Me and my friends have been playing half-distance rapid fire as a house rule since 3rd ed and wondering when it was coming...

6th edition will only be able to be described as "the black sheep" of 40k rules...once we are into 7th edition *game fixes* we'll look back and wonder 'wtf was all that about in 6th?'

The game is making a very drastic change i think the terrain idea is bad because 25% terrain on the field evens things out specially now that it'll be back to a 5+ cover save horde armies now gotta pay to bring cover? wtf

And then again also we have to not only carry a case for models but now a case for terrain features? That's just silly...

I'm quite interested in what these psychic powers are and how they are implemented i hope they dont royally screw this up because i see high likeliness that they easily could.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

Codex: Space Marines
    - Biomancy Discipline
    - Pyromancy Discipline
    - Telekinetic Discipline
    - Telephatic Discipline

Codex: Space Wolves
    - Biomancy Discipline
    - Divination Discipline
    - Telekinetic Discipline

Codex: Dark Angels
    - Divination Discipline
    - Pyromancy Discipline
    - Telekinetic Discipline
    - Telephatic Discipline

Codex: Blood Angels
    - Biomancy Discipline
    - Divination Discipline
    - Telekinetic Discipline
    - Telephatic Discipline

Codex: Grey Knights
    - Divination Discipline
    - Pyromancy Discipline
    - Telekinetic Discipline

Codex: Black Templars
    - NONE

Codex: Chaos Space Marines
    - Pyromancy Discipline
    - Telekinetic Discipline
    - Telephatic Discipline

Codex: Chaos Daemons
    - NONE

Codex: Tau Empire
    - NONE

Codex: Eldar
    - Divination Discipline
    - Telephatic Discipline

Codex: Dark Eldar
    - NONE

Codex: Sisters of Battle
    - NONE

Codex: Necrons
    - NONE

Codex: Orks
    - NONE

Codex: Imperial Guard
    - Biomancy Discipline
    - Pyromancy Discipline
    - Telekinetic Discipline
    - Telephatic Discipline

Codex: Tyranids
    - Biomancy Discipline
    - Telekinetic Discipline
    - Telephatic Discipline

Biomancy Discipline Psychic Powers [rough translation]
    * Iron Arm
    * Uncommon Speed
    * Hemorrhage
    * Life saver

Pyromancy
    - Melta Shot
    12" Range S8 AP1 Assault 1, Melta

Telepathy
    - Hallucination? 24" Range [contains 3 effects letters too small to read]

Telekinesis
    - Vortex of Doom
    12" Range S10 AP1 Heavy 1, Blast

There are 5 disciplines in total and 6 powers per discipline. Even though they say there are 35 cards in the deck so i have no clue what the remaining 5 cards are for. It doesnt mention them, and it seems that the psychic cards are NOT required to use these powers but rather it is a physical 'reminder' of which powers are being used in the current game as it seems they can be chosen during deployment

This system seems to GREATLY favor marines...

Is there a more readable version of this scan anywhere??
    Last edited by Akaiyou; 06-20-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Akaiyou View Post

The game is making a very drastic change i think the terrain idea is bad because 25% terrain on the field evens things out specially now that it'll be back to a 5+ cover save horde armies now gotta pay to bring cover? wtf
    Um...the rumours have indicated that it might be possible to bring 1 terrain piece (specifically a fortification of some sort) as part of your army's FoC.

That won't count towards the recommended 25% terrain that's part of the board to begin with.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Enjoy playing against Eldar while you can folks. They are an endangered species heading towards extinction. If I played Eldar right now I would feel grievously insulted. Every characteristic of the army that originally made it good has officially been given to marines (only better).

/rant.

Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast