BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Kain View Post
    SnapFire is a term to describe instinctive shooting,a double tap at close range,barly useing your weapons sights to react quicky when split seconds are the difference between life and death
    You realize a double tap refers specifically to a technique that relies on careful, controlled aiming to put multiple shots into the same target, rather than wildy spraying bullets and hoping to hit something.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You realize a double tap refers specifically to a technique that relies on careful, controlled aiming to put multiple shots into the same target, rather than wildy spraying bullets and hoping to hit something.
    Your two statements are not mutually exclusive. Snap shooting is controlled fire, but at ranges so short that most sight systems are ineffective. Your not "spraying bullets" your firing the weapon quickly with two rounds at a target less than 25 feet away.

Brother-Sergeant

Edit:No need for me to be a Troll.It just annoys me when people say things that aren't entirely correct.Double tap is good technique in close...snap shooting is instinctive shooting, I'm a dick for aplying real life to a game.Its funny because someone did the same thing befor and set me off because they were talking out thier ***.

Edit:It is more controlled than I may have conveyed and when I think about it its more about being confident you've definitely stopped the man.In a panic'd situation its not as slow and deliberate as it is on the range though.
    Last edited by Lucian Kain; 05-29-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Chapter-Master

No worries, I'm just making fun.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    Besides, it's not like they're going to bring movement trays in to 40k.
    Did you see wha tthey did to skirmishers from 7th - 8th ed fantasy?

Chapter-Master

Over at Faeit 212 they've been posting a lot fo BoW rumours about 6th ed. Today this one caught my eye

via Beasts of War
    *All Close Combat Weapons will have an AP value
    * Power Weapons AP3
    * Power Fists AP2
    * Chainfists AP1
    Right....so it means Terminators are virtually unkillable by most armies in CC. Howling Banshees? Nope. Incubi? Nope.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Over at Faeit 212 they've been posting a lot fo BoW rumours about 6th ed. Today this one caught my eye

Right....so it means Terminators are virtually unkillable by most armies in CC. Howling Banshees? Nope. Incubi? Nope.
    I think this is a case of we are looking at it from a 5th ed mind set for how armor will work. I may be wrong on this but combining this with another rumor on the internet of how the game follows fantasy more. If I am not mistaken (I don't play fantasy so I may be) the way their armor works is for every point of strength above strength X (Lets say 4) you reduce your opponents armor by 1 so if we take that assumption and we add in AP to weapons also adding in another potentially false rumor which was power weapons do things like add +2 to Str then your power weapons effectively are AP1 against most models. So maybe they are not unkillable.

I am being highly speculative as I am piecing rumors to other rumors to try and make something that sounds logical to me, but it sounds like it could have merit in that regards.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

Correction: Terminators with Storm Shields are unkillable.

Just think about it: even a unit full of power weapons like, say, a GK squad, doing nothing to that 2+ save, except with their hidden hammers, which still have a 3++ to contend with. Yikes.

I hope there's more to this rumour than meets the eye.

Also, if this holds true with some earlier rumours like, say, chainswords getting AP6 in CC, this will make a lot of Ork Boyz and Hormagaunts very, very sad unless there's more to it that we don't understand yet...6+ saves don't really need to be made worse...you already count on your models to fail them.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Well some AP level in CC makes sense. A knife will be worse than a chainsword. And a 6+ armour....why would an Orks effectively T shirt stop a chain sword? Fluff wise it makes sense. Rules wise, a lot will have to change. Maybe.

Making an Assault more devestating, makes the stand and shoot seem less extreme

I really want this rule book, but not for the same reason i wanted it before the rumours started
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

I agree that some AP level in CC makes sense.

And I'm not ready to call any shenanigans without a rulebook, of course. That and I'm pretty confident that 6th edition's rules will be fine - only requiring some getting used to.

Still not sure if terminators need to be any scarier though, hehe.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast