BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by robrodgers46 View Post
    Wow, IG Vets with 3 flamers, IG PCS with 4 flamers. Suddenly including a flamer with every IG box becomes a genius move.

r
    If it takes away from melta and plasma guns in vet squads, good: all of the sudden melta spam is cut back. I already run my vets as 2 melta/1 flamer to deal with a better variety of threats.

Who is really scary is say burna boyz.

Chapter-Master

If its anything like the leaked ruleset then it will be D3 hits per flamer.

Now i have another reason to field my two twinlinked flamer crisis suits.

Chapter-Master

Something I noticed in the rules for the new aircraft....

The Ork Burna - Bomba says "any model at least partially under the marker takes one hit, resolved from the weapon profile"

This is wierd, cos in 5th even slightly under you take a hit. So why would the rules need to include this? And does it mean its wounds are on those specific models?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Something I noticed in the rules for the new aircraft....

The Ork Burna - Bomba says "any model at least partially under the marker takes one hit, resolved from the weapon profile"

This is wierd, cos in 5th even slightly under you take a hit. So why would the rules need to include this? And does it mean its wounds are on those specific models?
    I thought there was something odd about that wording but I couldn't put my finger on it...good job! That would be interesting if template hits were WYSIWYG.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    I thought there was something odd about that wording but I couldn't put my finger on it...good job! That would be interesting if template hits were WYSIWYG.
    Hmmm... it'd potentially address some of the shenanigans you can play with wound allocations at the moment if you had some means to target high-profile figures hiding out with a bunch of redshirts. And, at least for many templates that aren't flamers, it'd still be subject to the scatter die, so it's not like they'd be too terribly broken.

However, at this point were at "inference off of an inference (off of at least an admittedly solid rule)" so I'm going to hedge my bets that that's not the case. More likely, it looks like they might be edging back towards the 50% base rule for templates, which would make me and my two Thunderfire Cannons sad.
    "We refuse to encourage couples to settle their disputes with fire." ~ Blackman v. Commissioner, 88 T.C. 677 (1987)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Macerio View Post
    , which would make me and my two Thunderfire Cannons sad.
    My 2 Warp Hunters agree

I like partials counting....don't take it back
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Macerio View Post
    And, at least for many templates that aren't flamers, it'd still be subject to the scatter die, so it's not like they'd be too terribly broken.
    Flamers have to cover as many models as possible as well, so that limits sniping with template weapons.
    I'm really liking the possibility of blasts and templates hitting models and not units.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Flamers have to cover as many models as possible as well, so that limits sniping with template weapons.
    I'm really liking the possibility of blasts and templates hitting models and not units.
    Ah right. Good call.
    "We refuse to encourage couples to settle their disputes with fire." ~ Blackman v. Commissioner, 88 T.C. 677 (1987)

Brother-Sergeant

OverWatch and snapfire is 2 rounds of shooting in one go in your opponents turn at the cost of one target opportunity in the previous round?, if anyone thinks DeepStrike-to-Assault to consolidate is overpowered think again.Its balanced and bloody.
    Space out you units correctly.

Edited for insomniac retard factor
    Last edited by Lucian Kain; 06-09-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast