BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Preyty sure the Wraiths are on 28mm bases.
    As far as the Stalker looking boring, it's midway between Necron mechanical insect and Necron vehicle, so I guess it's fine.

Librarian

They look like 40s to me.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Thank god for the Thunder Cavalry or the Triarch Stalker would be the dumbest GW model ever made.

The sculptor made no effort whatsoever to fit the style of the army. Instead of being a creepy machine, like the wraiths or the spyder, it is a man riding a rather docile looking robotic arachnid.

Absolutely terrible.

Edit:
    I just looked at it again. I knew I shouldn't have. The driver, when taken in the torpid context of the entire model, is well past robotic calm and appears to be bored to tears. Perhaps he is browsing his favorite online catalog.
    Really

Are we looking at the same model now?
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chaplain

They would be on 40mm bases, otherwise they are going to be tiny. Pick up a 25mm base and imagine all that detail... no way is it anything but 40mm.

I am more curious about the Stalker and if it has a base. I am not sure if I want it to have a base or not...

looks like 40mm bases to me as well.
    However, I'm a bit surprised they put the spyder on what looks to me like the small flying base. Not really convenient to measure distances.

Stalker is gettin thrown into my ork army. Dunno how or why, but I'll make it work.

Chaplain

I didn't even notice the bases of the Spyders. I had picked out some awesome 60mm bases awhile ago that I was going to use... looks like that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gungagreg View Post
    I hope that's right re: 40mm bases - to me they look like 25mm and regardless seem very top heavy compared to, say the tomb king sepulchral stalkers which are on the wider bases. If by chance the wraiths were on 25mm bases, I'm gonna be honest and say I'm likely to put them on 40mm just for stability.
    They are 40mm bases. There is a picture of three of them among some scarab swarms and they have the same size bases. The Wraiths are also much taller than the old metal ones. Going by the picture, I'd say about 1.5 to 2 times the height.

Quote Originally Posted by WAAAGH_Prophet View Post
    Stalker is gettin thrown into my ork army. Dunno how or why, but I'll make it work.
    Easy. Take off the two pairs of small legs, mount the body on a set of legs from a SM dreadnought, make the front legs into claws, put an ork in the driver seat, add in another two CCWs or shooty weapons and you have a nice DeffDred.
    Theheat ray gun would also make a nice Shokk Attack gun for a big mek. It doesn't look identical, but it does look close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canoptek-Wraith.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	1992  
    Last edited by MajorWesJanson; 04-23-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Can't wait, super excited! Those models look awesome!

Veteran-Sergeant

Damn these are all nice. I already have a unit of Wraiths painted and will stick with those, but will definitely upgrade to the new Spyders!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast