BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Happy Cinco de Mayo!! Gonna need to put some sombreros on those bad boys.

All I need is the Spyders and the Stalkers and I'm a happy robot.

I'm also immensely glad they got rid of the ridiculous Egyptian party hat on the Stalker pilot. Save me from having to shave/sand it off.

Last edited by Necron2.0; 04-23-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Librarian

AMAZING miniatures, undoubtly!!

I think my Space Wolves and Ultramarines sure will have to share the shelf with the Triach Stalker!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Chaplain

Oh man... those robo bug models make me want to make an insectoid necron force... making them all look more bug then robot man.

Librarian

So, an army of nothing but Canoptek Spider and Wraiths?

Finally I can build it.

Banned

Thank god for the Thunder Cavalry or the Triarch Stalker would be the dumbest GW model ever made.

The sculptor made no effort whatsoever to fit the style of the army. Instead of being a creepy machine, like the wraiths or the spyder, it is a man riding a rather docile looking robotic arachnid.

Absolutely terrible.

Edit:
    I just looked at it again. I knew I shouldn't have. The driver, when taken in the torpid context of the entire model, is well past robotic calm and appears to be bored to tears. Perhaps he is browsing his favorite online catalog.
    Last edited by Rapture; 04-23-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Just curious rapture, what would you do to make the stalker better and more menacing. Also how would you go about making the emotionless Android pilot not look bored.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    I like the models (except the puny whip coils) ....
    I agree with your assessment of the whip coils. I would have envisioned them more as a writhing mass of coils coming out the tip of the Wraith's tail (ala [url=http://www.griffingrove.com.au/images/uploads/GamesWorkshop/GW-Necrons/Necron%20-%20Wraith%20Front.jpg]this[/url]) - like a living mass of ensnaring barbed wire. Having them actually be whips seems a bit too literal, somewhat uninspired and a little contrary to the fluff.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Has anyone seen flying bases like those before? They seem much taller than the current tall flying base.

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    So, an army of nothing but Canoptek Spider and Wraiths?

Finally I can build it.
    I'm waiting for a Forge World special character that makes scarabs troops and scoring... only then, will the Canoptek army truly rise...

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Wraiths look to be 40mm bases, so doubtful they are $54. I'd guess closer to the $33-35 mark. Maybe the $42.50 one. They are very tall, but rather slender.
    I hope that's right re: 40mm bases - to me they look like 25mm and regardless seem very top heavy compared to, say the tomb king sepulchral stalkers which are on the wider bases. If by chance the wraiths were on 25mm bases, I'm gonna be honest and say I'm likely to put them on 40mm just for stability.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast