BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Stripping finecast

Ok so I have a finecast librarian in terminator armor that I have already painted in Grey Knight colors but I'm taking a different direction with the paint scheme of my GK army and I'm painting them well... grey. In any case I already painted this model and 3 other paladins in the "silver" color and they came out great but I found in the course of painting them that I was getting bored with painting everything silver. So I'm painting the army know in shadow grey with a badbab wash and then detailing. Yet I still have that librarian that i need to strip and repaint. Is there anyone out that that has stripped a finecast model successfully?
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Librarian

unfortunately i have no experience in stripping finecast and have been having similar thoughts, i hope somebody here can help you though (and not just because i am interested).

ALShrive
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Chaplain

I just stripped a finecast Rune Priest with the new paints with simple green. It came out fine, though, the simple green was cloudy instead of clear when I was done. Not sure if it was the model or the paint, but I am assuming the paint. I haven't repainted him yet but the model came out fine.

Librarian

fairy powerspray strips any mini be it metal plastic or esin. i have done them all.

spray can finish that has been on the model a while (mine were 3-4 years old) can stain the top layer of plastics in that colour, but its just a stain not actual paint layer.

Librarian

I've tested Finecast in Dettol, and it came out fine - all the paint came off and the material was untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    I've tested Finecast in Dettol, and it came out fine - all the paint came off and the material was untouched.

Wellll, I've tried dettol as well---on Astaroth the Grim and I've been left with a very wobbly axe! It's weird. You can just pick it up and the axe wobbles all over the place. So, I'd say yes, use Dettol but with the proviso that I'd avoid using it on thin parts such as weapons.