BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Need Advice for GK 1750 for upcoming tourney

So I've got this local tourney coming up and I want to do GK. Right now I'm planning on taking Draigo and a Vindicare. But I'm also contemplating taking Valeria because of all those attacks!! Aside from that I'm wanting to do a competitive all GK force. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Chapter-Master

Competitively, Valeria sucks. Way too expensive for being too inconsistent.

Nor do I find the Vindicare to be any good. I've literally never seen or heard of a game where the Vindicare lived for more than a single turn. Extremely easy to kill, and such a perceived threat that he will never make his points back. He can't even absorb enough firepower to justify his cost.

As for Driago, take 10 Paladins. Give them 4 psycannons, a Stave, a Brotherhood Banner, a pair of Hammers, and Halberds on everything else. Throw in a couple Master Crafted weapons if you like, but don't go overboard.

That is about 1000pts. Next, get a couple Psyrifle Dreadnoughts instead of the Vindicare for your long range firepower. Then, I would grab a cheap Strike Squad for your second troop choice and spend the rest of your points on a large Interceptor squad. Psycannons on everything, one Hammer per squad, and psybolts only if you have points left over.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Oh man thanks for the advice. I really want to do well in this tourney coming up.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT