BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Black Library April Fools?

Either an April Fools joke or maybe just my warped sense of humour!

I got a splash release email from Black Library offering the chance to download a free audio sample of a new horus heresy audio book - Sister of Silence

[URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/MP3/S/sister-of-silence.mp3"]http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/MP3/S/sister-of-silence.mp3[/URL]

Written by Edward Knight with the tag line "Silence is golden" An audio book about an order that doesn't speak? Made me chuckle.

That is brilliant.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Lol. I got that and assumed it was broken, forgot about the date. The artwork on the cover is lifted straight from the Horus Heresy Visions book now I think about it.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

The authenticity of the female dialogue really gets to me, clearly Mr Knight really knows how to write female characters.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Certainly the humor behind this is very English.

Brother-Captain

Why don't we have people thinking this one's legit? Black Library's done audio books before, and the Sisters of Silence need some time in the spotlight!

Anyway, this is a pretty good gag - I approve.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Librarian

just listened. One word - enthralling.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.